Pilates Central Will Change Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

I’m always looking for new ways to get a good workout and find something different than going on a run or going to the gym. Over the last few weeks, I tried out a barre class, a yoga/pilates fusion class (yogalaties), and a cardio/barre class at Pilates Central, which is located on the square. And I LOVED THEM. 

Lots of celebrity models with banging bods do classes like these, like Gigi Hadid, Karlie Kloss, Alessandra Ambrosio, and Candice Swanepoel.

I swear I worked muscles I didn’t know I had. I really have no idea how I kept up with ballet when I was younger, because doing pliés are hard and your legs start to shake after a while. BONUS: the studio is super nice, it also smells really good and the class size is relatively small, which creates an intimate workout setting. 

I’d suggest barre class to absolutely everyone, yoga/pilates for yogies, and cardio/barre class for people who like a little more of a challenge and to sweat a bit more. But I would try them all to see which one you enjoy the most. I never even knew what a barre class was before I took this class and it turned out being one of my favorite workouts that I’ve ever done.

At the end of the classes my body felt like jelly (in a good way) and I felt like I got a thorough work out. I would highly recommend these classes to everyone, it kicks running on the treadmill any day! Check out Pilate’s Central’s website here!

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!