How to Become an Expert Napper

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve had an extraordinary love for nap time. A designated nap time has stuck with me from kindergarten to college. Some people envy my nap-taking skills because I can lie down at almost any point in the day and close my eyes until my alarm brings me back to reality. So, without further ado, here are a few tips to becoming an expert napper, from the expert napper herself…

1. Purchase a Sleeping Eye Mask…NOW.

This is an absolute necessity for a restful siesta free of distractions from your surrounding.

2. Set at least 12(+) alarms.

For some, the worst part of napping is the fear of not being able to wake up after falling asleep. The most productive and efficient way to nap is therefore to set multiple alarms to make sure you get up and become productive.

3. When napping in bed, don’t get fully under the covers or you will never get out.

Always nap on top of your blankets. That way, you don’t get too comfortable and accidentally hibernate for days.

4. Do not put on sweats when lying down for a nap

If you take the time to change out of your outfit, chances are you will never want to put it back on again. In that case, you might as well just kiss your responsibilities goodbye.

5. Finally, plan accordingly. Know the time and place to nap.

There’s a difference for when you should take a cat nap versus when you should pass out for hours. To become an expert napper, getting a hold on proper timing is everything.

With these tips, you’ll be able to rejuvenate and refresh like an old pro. Sweet dreams!

SaveSave

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!