27 Things That You Don’t Need to Be Sorry for When You’re in University

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Adulting is beyond overrated. It’s okay if you’ve done some (or all) of these things, so don’t be sorry!

1.  Binge watching Netflix till 3am.

Procrastination is key.

2. Going out on a Tuesday night. 

You don’t have class ‘til 1pm on Wednesday…and you scheduled it that way on purpose.

3. Completely reinventing yourself, as many times as you want.

It’s some of the best years of your life, and it’s completely okay to not know who you are.

4. Considering dropping a class, purely because it starts at 8am. 

But you need it to graduate. 

5. Wearing track pants in public.

They should be happy that you’re even out of bed at this time.

6. And a hat indoors.

Something needs to hide the fact that you’re extremely hungover.

7. Eating pizza for breakfast.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

8. Changing your major.

Not everyone knows who they want to be at 17 years old, so find your passion

9. Asking your roommate for a condom in the middle of the night.

I got you girl.

10. Never saying no to jagerbombs. 

You’re going to regret that in the morning.

11. Feeling less than significant sometimes. 

Kylie Jenner is a billionaire at 19 and I just paid for my burrito in change.

12.  The number of people you have or haven’t slept with.  

Realistically, no one cares whether you do or don’t, just do what’s best for you.

13.  Only doing laundry when you have actually run out of clean clothes. 

*Uses last clean shirt* *Calls mom*: “Hey I really miss you, can I come home this weekend?”

14.  Picking a course based purely on the fact that there are no exams.

Wait ‘till you realize that you have a 10,000 word essay instead. 

15.  Freaking out once or twice…a week. 

And no, it’s not because of my “time of the month”; it’s because I have 7 assignments, 4 essays, and 2 exams due, not to mention my career advisor just told me I need to volunteer more for my graduate school applications. 

16. Making out with a stranger, planning to never see them again, only to realize that they are in 3 of your Monday classes.  

It happens to the best of us.

17. Avoiding people for days when you need to power study. 

Unless it’s your mom; you don’t want her to worry.

18.  Taking an extra semester to graduate.

It’s more common than you think!

19. Going out 4 nights for Halloween…in a different costume each time.

Just. Because. You. Can.

20. Looking for free versions of your textbooks online.

The economy will be fine without my help on this one. 

21.  Avoiding the question: “so what do you want to do once you graduate?”

I don’t know, Aunt Sharon! What are you going to do once your divorce is finalized!?

22. Giving yourself a personal day in bed just because it’s raining.

Namast’ay in bed.

23. Spending way too much money on campus food. 

Bank statement: Starbucks, McDonalds, Sushi, Starbucks, Textbooks, Starbucks, Starbucks, LuluLemon, Starbucks, McDonalds, Sushi, Starbucks, Steve Madden, Starbucks.

24. Sitting in class and daydreaming about travelling.

Start saving though, because it will be totally worth every penny.

25. Putting a relationship on the backburner.

Because as a wise woman once said, “Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you’re wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn’t love you anymore.” – Lady Gaga

26. Loathing the girls who look totally dolled up for class when you haven’t even showered. 

Just how?!

27. Barely surviving, and definitely not getting enough sleep, but still kicking ass in every class.  

You go girl!

Danielle Bazely

Wilfrid Laurier

Fourth year Commuications major focusing in Business and Management, with an Economics minor at Wilfrid Laurier University.  Red wine lover and foodie (or excessive eater).  Type A personality with a perfectionist complex and a grammar addiction.  Can either be found in her red Jeep or at the on campus Starbucks.   
Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem