This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wichita chapter.

I hear the word “stressed” on a daily basis. We often experience it as we try to maintain a balance of work, school, relationships, hobbies, and health simultaneously. Sacrificing one or two of those things during our busy days is a pretty normal occurrence in order to accomplish our top priorities. Sometimes we just want to fast forward through all of the hard stuff and enjoy the weekend, but that’s the wrong mentality to have.

I’m not here to give you tips to help with the stress in your life, I am just here to remind you to not be so stressed and LIVE your life! Every moment counts. Sometimes we all just need a little reminder of how small our problems really are. Everyone has issues, but how often do we think about how big or small our issues or annoyances are?

An old friend of mine recently received devastating news about her health that made my heart heavy and really got me thinking. If you wake up in the morning with good health and are able to jump out of bed and walk to school or work YOU are blessed. Walking, running, seeing, and hearing are all basic abilities, but how often do we stop and think about how awesome it is we were given those abilities when others weren’t? 

It’s so easy for us to complain about small things like a grouchy professor, or not enough parking spaces at WSU, but have you ever thought about the flipside? Like how cool it is that we get to go to college, or that you can drive your very own car rather than take a bus!? There are so many blessings that we take for granted everyday. Some people would literally love to be in the position that we are over here complaining about. 

At the end of the day, does it really matter if you got a bad test grade or how much money you make? If you are mentally and physically healthy, have food to eat with a roof over your head, then I would say you are doing pretty dang good! 

I say we stop worrying about the tiny things. Let’s focus on our relationships and the things that make us most happy. Let’s focus on helping those that can’t help themselves. 

What truly matters are the people around us, the kindness and joy we spread, living in the moment and thanking God for everyday we are given! Yes, bad things happen but we are given an opportunity everyday to make someone else’s day. 

Say yes to things that excite you or even scare you a little. You aren’t making any new memories checking Instagram, Twitter, TikTok or Facebook, that’s for sure! 

Let’s all take some time to think about how blessed we are and stress a little less. Live everyday like it’s your last and don’t take anything for granted. Challenge yourself everyday to see the good, no matter how small.

Brooke is a business student at Wichita State University studying Human Resource Management and International Business. She is highly involved in her sorority, Alpha Phi and loves to writes in her free time. Brooke will graduate in May 2020 and plans on pursuing her Master's Degree in Counseling.
Sophie Glasgow is a business student at Wichita State University studying Marketing and Entrepreneurship. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Wichita. After she graduates in May of 2021, she plans on starting her own business.