harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Finals have officially began and all you probably want to do is curl up into a ball and cry in order to deal with the stress, which is perfectly understandable. However, there are several ways to reduce your stress-level and cruise through finals season.

1. Listen to Music

Listening to music can be an extremely effective way to reduce stress. Music can reduce levels of stress hormones, slow heart and pulse rate and lower blood pressure. This is an easy way to help lower stress during finals!

2. Exercise

Exercising can help take your mind off of what is stressing you out and a little exercise goes a long way by pumping up your endorphins and improving your mood. It has even been proven to improve your ability to focus. Being active for just 15 can make a huge difference!

3. Meditation

Meditating is one of the most popular methods of reducing stress. It helps you physically and mentally relax and is a quick-fix to relieving stress!

4. Eat well

Eating a good, healthy meal is vital to dealing with stress. Snacking on less healthy options, such as pizza and chips, can lead to having a lower threshold for stress. A diet consisting of fruits, vegetables and whole grains will improve all facets of your brain, including your ability to deal with stress.

5. Get enough sleep

In college, pulling all-nighters or going to sleep at a crazy hour is pretty common; however, this has a much larger impact on your stress level than you may think. Depriving yourself of sleep increases your stress level and can lead to serious issues such as diabetes, obesity and depression. Do yourself a favor and make sure you get a good night of rest!

Although college is four years of fun for most, it is difficult to avoid stress before big exams and finals. By taking part in these stress-reducing activities, college can be an exciting time and a little bit less stressful than it needs to be! It is difficult to change habits such as going to sleep late or eating unhealthy food, but a little effort can go a long way in ensuring you are as happy and healthy as can be.

Image Sources:

Listen to Music / Exercise / Meditation / Eat well / Get enough sleep / Relaxing

My name is Dinali Dassanayaka and I am majoring in Business IT at Virginia Tech. 
Proud to be Virginia Tech's Her Campus chapter!