harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How To Recharge This Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

With the holiday season just around the corner, and finals are slowly (but surely) coming to an end, it’s time to think about what we need to do for ourselves this winter break to stay in tip-top shape. We’ve all put in the hard work and endless hours of studying, so why not treat ourselves with something nice? It’s a well-deserved gesture we all need to give ourselves! Here are five things that you can do over break to reconnect with yourself again:

1. Get Some Rest 

With finals season coming to an end, its very possible that many of us had jeopardized our sleep schedules to get those good grades. So, to put our sleep schedule back in check, it’s good to try to rest regularly, and when you can. Maybe try not going to bed so late, or set your alarm for a full eight hours of sleep. You’d be amazed at how good you’ll feel after!

2.  Do some skincare

For some of us, stress = acne. If your breakouts have taken control of your life (and face) then it would be a good idea to invest in a good skincare routine. The Freeman Beauty facemask/scrub line is a good place to start. At $4.29 each, they’re not too expensive either, and they really work!

3. Be Creative 

Enjoy doodling? Great. Enjoy scrapbooking? Go for it! 

This winter break is a good time to get back into the hobbies that bring a great sense of achievement and enrichment into your life. It’s also a great confidence booster when you’re great at something you love to do! So get those creative juices flowing before school starts up again!

4. Be Social 

Hanging out with friends is always a great way to unwind. Whether it be going to the mall, the movies, or just relaxing at a friend’s house, there are many possibilities when you’re around people who make you feel good. There will be high energy and laughs all around for sure.

5. Pay Attention to Yourself

Listen to your body’s needs. If there is a personal goal you want to reach, whether it be physically or mentally, then pace yourself to reach that goal in a safe, healthy way. Do whatever you need to do to make yourself feel at peace and at home within yourself.

After following one (or all) of these steps, I guarantee that you’ll be recharged and ready to start the spring semester! Until then, though, take a break! You definitely deserve it!

Images: cover, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Brezaja is a sophomore studying film in the School of the Arts at Virginia Commonwealth University. When not writing articles for Her Campus at VCU, you can usually find them endlessly browsing Netflix or checking social media, mostly Instagram and Twitter. They try to be as open-minded as possible, and don't mind having conversations with others about social issues. After college, they dream of being an art director for films.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!