Wellness

Tips on how to get a goodnights rest!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Hello beautiful humans!

In college, we are at that stage where we are experiencing many sleepless nights. it is probably coming from, staying up all night, studying, having fun, stress, and anxiety.  Getting a goodnights rest is very vital. It is most vital because it what we need to function and focus on our everyday lives. Here are some tips to get a goodnights rest!

1. Have a sleeping schedule

In college, having a steady schedule is highly important! They help us get throughout the day and it helps us stay on track. Going to bed and waking up at the same time every day and every night, can help with getting some rest. Starting a sleeping schedule and sticking to it is helpful. I do it and I love it!

List in a journal
Original photo by Gabby Esposito
  • Avoid caffeine / large meals

Having caffeine and large meals can prevent you from getting some sleep. Caffeine can keep you up all night and having a large meal can increase heartburn and upset stomachs. So, limiting the amount of food you eat and the amount of caffeine that you consume can more than likely help with your night rest. Also changing your diet and having a balance diet can help with that as well!

• Drink tea

Drinking tea is literally one of the best things ever! Having a nice glass of warm tea is not only relaxing but promotes good sleep. There are different types you can choose from, but chamomile and green tea are perfect for this. I know that tea is caffeinated but, there are teas out there that are non-caffeinated and great for promoting good sleep!

I hope that these tips help you and that you all get the rest that you need and deserve!

• HCXO
Eriana Jones

Valdosta '22

Hello Beautiful people! My name is Eriana Jones! I am a junior at Valdosta State University and I am a Musical Theater major. I want to keep the arts alive and touch the lives of others.