5 Ways To Stay Healthy And Active With A Busy Schedule

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Sometimes in college this weird thing called life happens to us. We get caught up in so many activities, school projects, papers, and even a job that we forget about us. With all these things happening all at once it can be tough keeping up with your overall health. One day you might want to sleep in instead of going to that 7 am yoga class. Sometimes it’s convenient to pick up something quick for dinner instead of cooking. I know times get hard but keeping up with your health will help you in the long run. Here are some tips to help you out!

1. Drink Water Daily

This should already be in your mind but when things get busy you reach for the most accessible thing. Keep a water jug around to remind you to fill it back up.

2. Meal Prep

Cook your lunches and dinner on Sunday and refrigerate them. This way you don’t have to worry about cooking when you come home from a long day. Just pop your meal in the microwave and relax.

3. 10-15 Mini Workouts

YouTube is your best friend. There are tons of quick little videos that can help you break a sweat. Before your morning or night routine do a quick workout to get your blood flowing.

4. Walk More

If you don’t live too far from campus, try walking to class instead of taking the bus. Since the weather is improving you’ll feel good while doing it.

5. Stay Positive

I always say this tip with a lot of my health post but it is the real key to success. Being negative can resort in laziness which can lead to you ditching your routines and giving up.

HCXO!

Hello! I'm Erika and I'm a Mass Media and French major. I love to read, write, and listen to music! 
Her Campus at Valdosta State.