Tennis Shoes And Water Bottle
Tennis Shoes And Water Bottle
Her Campus Media
Wellness > Health

Get Summer Ready – At Home Workouts Made Easy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

During times like these, it is so easy to get caught up in anxiety and maybe even depression as we have to stay inside. Forgetting about working out since the gym is closed? It’s also just as easy to get caught up in Netflix and Disney+ for hours with only taking a break to get up and grab a snack. However, that’s how you fall deeper into those not so great feelings. It’s more important now than ever to get up and get your body moving.

Working out is not only good at keeping your muscles, heart, and body healthy and happy, but it also kick-starts your immune system (something we could all use right now). Moving and working out, even if it’s a little bit every day, can also really improve your mood and with increased endorphins–your happiness and confidence as well. These exercises require no equipment and are great to do even while watching a movie.

Upper Body

Classic Push Ups                   10-20 reps

Triangle Push Ups                  10-20 reps

Clapping Push Ups                 15 reps

Tricep Dips                             20 reps

Lower Body

Squats                                                                        20-30 reps

Sumo Squats                                                              20-30 reps

Lunges                                                                        20-30 reps

Ski Lunge                                                                   20 reps

Hip Thrust (using chair or table)                                 15-20 reps

Calf raises                                                                  30 reps

Abs

In and outs                                                     15 reps

Sit ups                                                            20 reps

Mountain climbers                                          12 reps

Bicycle                                                            20 reps

HIIT

Jumping jacks                                                1 minute

Jumping lunges                                              1 minute

Lateral squat walks                                        1 minute (10 seconds left, 10 seconds right, etc.)

Frog jumps                                                     1 minute

High Knees (fast)                                           45 seconds

Triangle Workouts: These are designed to feel the burn. You do one move, but you do it so many times it feels like that body part is going to fall off – in the best way possible. A great example of triangle workouts are as follows:

Squats

10 reps/20 reps/30 reps/40 reps/30 reps/20 reps/10 reps

These workouts are great for targeting that area but make sure you focus on form as you get higher in reps so you’re being productive when you actually do the exercises. You can do this with any exercise you want, and if you’re up for the challenge can even do two exercises per rep set.

The workouts/moves I’ve outlined are basic moves that I’ve tried to pair together to hit different muscle groups to give you optimal results. If you’re unfamiliar with any of the moves YouTube has great examples of proper form, just search the exercise “squats”, and you’ll find video tutorials. You can do one group per day, all groups for an all-body workout or can just dip your toes. The whole point is to MOVE your body, get your heart rate up, and be as healthy as possible while staying safely inside.

Christina Sollazzo is a uWindsor graduate with a degree in Business Administration. After graduating she moved to Toronto to pursue a corporate Marketing Lead position. She loves all things fitness and is an advocate for living a healthy lifestyle. On the other hand, she is a Netflix addict and you can usually catch her binge-watching FRIENDS. She recently came back to the University of Windsor to begin her second degree.