5 Reasons Why You Should Take A Mental Health Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

It’s midterm season, and you’re probably starting to feel a little run down from all the late night cramming and rushing to early morning exams.  It’s time for a break – a day just for YOU! Here are 5 reasons why you should take a mental health day and focus on yourself for a change.

1. Stressing yourself out can make you physically sick

Being a student is a 24/7 stress show. There’s no better time to catch that flu going around campus or develop more serious consequences from over stressing. And even if you’re not sick, it’s okay to cancel your plans so you can focus on you.

2. You can finally catch up on those Netflix originals

You know you’ve been dying to catch up on that new season released on Netflix or finish up where you left off before the grind of midterms.

3. Being a student is hard and you need that break

There’s nothing wrong with giving yourself a day to relax, everyone needs a break sometimes. We’re not robots, you know.

4. You can take that much needed bubble bath

What better way to relax than by taking a hot bubble bath? Put on some tunes and relax – not to mention, you can totally use that bath bomb you’ve been saving for a rainy day!  

5. You can finally take a nap in your own bed, instead of at the library

No more having to worry about the utter embarrassment of waking up in a room of 40 people studying… Because yes, it happens. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Melanie Renaud is a second year Digital Journalism and Communications, Media & Film double major student at the University of Windsor. 
Alanna Keren

UWindsor '20

Alanna is currently a 1st year student at the University of Windsor pursuing a degree in Education. She graduated from the University of WIndsor with double major in English and French in 2018. She was Co-CC/Editior in Chief of HCUWindsor from 2015-2018 and is now the Tresaurer and Guidance Counsellor. She is a figure skater and loves to get in some extra ice time in her free time. Her favourite animal is a polar bear and her favourite colour is purple. She love sparkles. Her clothing style is girly and kind of dressy. Sparkly make-up and big earrings are a big part of her look. When she is not doing homework, working at her job at Tootsies Shoe Store, coaching figure skating, or writing for Her Campus, she likes decorating cakes and cupcakes and hanging out with friends.