stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How To Make Going To The Gym A Habit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

Choose the days

Choose days that you know for sure you can go to the gym, going to the gym doesn’t have to be everyday, once or twice is enough to start with and if you would like you can add more later on. Having designated days you go to the gym will help you make sure that you go to the gym.

Write it down in your calendar

Study show that when you write a goal down you are more likely to follow through, writing it down in your calendar also helps remind you and makes sure that you make time.

Get a workout buddy (optional)

This can either help or not, it depends on the person. Some people become discourage the first time they go to the gym, having a buddy can help with that. A buddy can also make sure you go to the gym or help push you on your workout routine.

Create a workout routine

Creating a work out routine that works for you is very important because if you have a routine that you don’t like and isn’t doing its job then you are less likely to go to the gym but if you have one that makes you feel like you have a good workout then you are more likely to go to the gym

Gloria Gonzalez-Zapata is born and raised in Seattle,Washington. Currently she is a first year student at University of Washington Bothell and is majoring in Law,Economics, and Public policy with a minor in Arabic Both of her parents are immigrants, her mother is from Panama and her father is Mexican. she also has a brother and three younger sisters. Her favorite activities are spending time with her family, volunteering, working, and especially loves to travel to learn about other countries government, culture, and language.
Prathyusha Pillari is a 19-year-old senior at University of Washington, Bothell where she majors in Computer Science and Software Engineering. She was born in India and spent 14 years of her life there before moving to the United States. She is an advocate of women's rights and equality. She loves creative writing, traveling, driving around in her car and stalking people on Instagram.