This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

How to get through this last quarter THE RIGHT WAY~

Meditate: Meditating is so beneficial and one of the best things you can do for your body. It will relieve tension and stress, help you focus, and give you a sense of peacefulness. We’re constantly running around and doing a million things at once, so take 10 minutes to sit in a quiet, calm spot and go into your zen state. Your body and mind deserve it.

Cook for yourself: YES! I see so many college students neglecting to cook because they’re too lazy, but you actually might surprise yourself with what you come up with. You can finally get your mind on something other than grades and homework! Invite some friends over for a potluck or just look up some recipes to try out yourself.

Do some yoga! Okay, I get yoga’s definitely not everyone’s cup of tea, but you might end up loving it if you try it. There’s so many different types of yoga you can do to destress. You can do a faced paced vinyasa flow to get a quick workout in, a slow paced hatha class to focus on stretching, or a calm yin class to breathe and relax. Even 30 minutes of yoga will allow you to immerse yourself within your body and mind and not let any distractions get to you. Most colleges offer free yoga classes, so try it out!

Go shopping: As materialistic as this sounds, nothing feels better after a long stressful day, then buying a new outfit. It’s the perfect way to get together with a group of friends and live in the moment. I mean, most of us can’t afford Chanel like Blair Waldorf, but we can still window shop, right? Either way, just getting outside of school and not thinking about classes for a little bit will let you destress.

Try painting or creating something: Let your creative side out and paint a picture or create a new project. Seeing the vibrant colors will calm your mind and destress you.

Surround yourself in nature: This is a must if you’re looking to destress and feeling calm in a different environment. We’re so used to being cooped up in our rooms or at school, we miss out on the rest of the world. Go on a hike, go for a walk, go to the beach. There’s so much that nature has to offer and there’s something about the fresh air and cool wind that puts you in a calm distressed mood.

Play with animals: There’s nothing more relaxing than playing with animals. The cute, innocence of pets will distress you and put you in the best mood.

Exercise: Along with yoga and many other physical health things, exercising will make you look good and feel good. Go on a bike ride through the park and go jogging with a friend.

Go explore somewhere new: This isn’t always practical cause everyone has their own busy schedule with so many things going on, but when the opportunity arise, exploring new places you’ve never been is the best feeling. You’ll feel alive, stress free, and a sense of adrenaline. Get in your car and drive to an unknown destination or explore a secret mountain you’ve never been to. The options are endless and you never know what you’ll come across.

Spend some time reading: So many people neglect reading, but it’s so important to make time for it. After stressing out about your upcoming assignment or midterm next week, take 20 minutes to sit down and read. Whatever the book may be, you’ll get to dive into a whole new world, where you can connect with characters.

Samantha is a current Business Marketing major and Visual & Media arts minors. She loves to write about relatable topics such as dealing with stress and mental health. Aside from that, her passions include yoga, style, & self care!
Prathyusha Pillari is a 19-year-old senior at University of Washington, Bothell where she majors in Computer Science and Software Engineering. She was born in India and spent 14 years of her life there before moving to the United States. She is an advocate of women's rights and equality. She loves creative writing, traveling, driving around in her car and stalking people on Instagram.