bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Calisthenics Workout That’ll Get Your Body Cut

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Do you want to lose weight but cannot find the time to go to the gym? You don’t have to give up, there’s always another option. For example, we’ve all seen people go to prison and come out looking like they spent 10 years on a military base. Well, you don’t have to go to prison but you can still look like you came from the military base with just 15 mins of your day in the comfort of your home, no gym, and no equipment necessary. All you need is you and some motivation.

1. Pushups

Push-ups are great because it really works your shoulders, chest, core, and your scapular stabilizer muscles (which connect your neck, midback, and shoulders). The whole idea of doing push-ups is to build your muscle make sure you are doing them correctly by learning the basic about push-ups before you do them because there are wrong ways of doing it.

2. Mountain Climbers

Mountain Climbers is also another great home workout to do because it works your entire body, From your hips to your biceps, triceps and even your cores. By bringing your knees to your chest in a rotating motion don’t be afraid to take this workout easy, if you are new there’s nothing wrong with going slow until you can finally perform it at a fast pace.

3. Burpees 

This next workout does get the job done depending on how you approach it. Like the mountain climbers, burpees can be very intense but it’s better to take your time and get familiar with the flow of it before increasing the intensity level. This is the right workout for those who just want that full body workout like your arms, chest, quads, glutes, hamstrings, and abs.

4. Squats 

This next workout strengthens your lower body muscles and enhances your endurance as well. Squats work your hamstrings, gluteal, and quadriceps. Squats also burn many calories when done correctly. This workout is a bit tricky really watch some videos about how to do it correctly because you can end up doing it wrong then you’re only wasting your time. 

5. Sprints

Now, not only is this last workout defining your glutes, hamstrings, and your quads, sprinting also burns off all the fat that hides your muscles. Sprint training is the most explosive training you can do. This workout is easy to lose motivation I recommend getting a partner to run with you or as least encourage you to keep going when you feel like giving up.

These workouts are great workouts to do when you do not have time to drive to the gym every day. You must keep in mind that these workouts will only work if you are consistent. Don’t cheat yourself or you won’t see results. Also, keep in mind that eating healthy and getting enough sleep plays a huge part in getting in shape, so don’t underestimate those things when you decided to get your body right. Remember not to give up on yourself, push yourself to keep going, always remember why you started that should be your motivation to keep moving forward. 

Her Campus at UW-Stout