This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Now that we are halfway through the semester, it’s easy to get caught up in midterms, assignments, and obligations. Sometimes it might seem hard to take a mental break and care for yourself, but it’s really important to take that time! Here are a few ideas you can use to rejuvenate and get in the right mindset for a successful semester!

1.     Take a walk.

It is so important to take some time to be outdoors. Being cooped up inside all day can really make you feel isolated and even claustrophobic! Take a little walk outside and listen to nature to set your mind right. UVA has some amazing paths, gardens, and nature abound to explore!

2.     Breathe

Just take a moment to close your eyes and breathe. Sometimes we get so anxious that it’s hard to remember to breathe and just relax a little bit. The world won’t end if you take some deep breaths for five minutes! There are even some guided meditations on YouTube you can listen to!

3.     Vent

Stress can weigh on us, and we don’t have to bear it alone. Set aside some time to talk to someone who makes you feel safe, whether it’s a peer, your sibling, your parents, or even a professor. You aren’t alone!

4.     Listen to music

Music can have a very calming effect. Pick the kind that relaxes you and brings you peace, whether it’s classical or heavy metal. Let it play and take a load of!

5.     Take a power nap.

Never underestimate the power of sleep. Take some time to get some rest, even if just for 15 minutes. You deserve it.

Above all, stay positive! The future is bright.

(all photos courtesy of pixabay.com)