This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTRGV chapter.

There are many women out there that are uncomfortable with the way they look. They have low self-esteem and wished they look different. Some women want to gain, while others try hard to lose weight. Sometimes our family members might make us feel self-conscious about our weight, but that is not how they should treat us. I have personally gone through this every time I have a get together at my aunt’s house. Their hurtful comments used to affect me and would make me think less of myself, but now I do not let it bother me so much. I have learned to love my body the way it is because it is the only one I am going to get. I relieve my stress by going to Gold’s Gym whenever I can. When I work out it helps me relieve stress, lose weight, and burn calories. It makes me feel good about myself.

So ladies, remember that all of you all are beautiful no matter what body type you have. Learn to love yourself and embrace your body, and never let anyone tell you otherwise. 

UTRGV Class of 2018  Mass Comm Major Mexican-American Studies Minor