This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

It’s impossible to know everything about a university as big as the U. There seem to be so many things happening at any given time, how can one keep up? Read on for the best resources available for students at the U!

Personal Money Management CenterIf you’re like most college students, “adulting” is pretty hard, especially when it comes to money. The Personal Money Management Center can help you make a budget, or even help with taxes! They even have periodic guest speakers that can teach you about investing or emergency planning. 

Relaxation Chairs

Located in the Student Services Building, the free relaxation chairs are a great way to destress if you have 15 minutes to spare. Go into the counseling center to check one out, and let the chair massage you to nirvana. Bonus: no one ever uses them, so they’re almost always free!

Counseling Center Did you know that you can get high-quality counseling for only $12 a session? And, it’s right on campus, for your convenience! Call 801-581-6826 promptly at 8 am to set up an intake appointment. The counseling center will do individual counseling, couples counseling, group therapy, and more! The only downside to getting counseling at the university is that the maximum they can see you once every two weeks.

University Writing CenterDo you want someone to proofread your paper? Do you want someone to help you understand your assignment’s instructions? If you answered yes to these questions, the University Writing Center is for you! The staff is super friendly and super helpful at spotting grammar mistakes, style problems, and more! They will also help you with your resume!

Center for Student WellnessThe Center for Student Wellness has a variety of resources, from free HIV/STD testing to Wellness Coaching ($15 for four sessions), cheap condoms, and stress workshops.

So, what are you waiting for? With so many great resources from money to mental health, the University of Utah has plenty to offer when it comes to overall wellness. Go try one out!  

Image Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Hello! I am a junior studying Peace & Conflict Studies and Strategic Communication at the University of Utah. I am also minoring in Political Science. I am passionate about advocacy, education, and Star Trek!
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor