Anna Schultz-Girl On Computer Stress
Anna Schultz-Girl On Computer Stress
Anna Schultz / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Hi all, I hope your midterm seasons went well! It’s that time of the school year again when motivation naturally decreases, exhaustion is high, and social battery is running empty. Weeks leading up to spring break seem increasingly draining, and it just seems like all of your tasks are piling up. Having a mid-semester slump is nothing college kids haven’t dealt with before, but what do you do about it?

Take lots of time to reflect

It isn’t easy to constantly be juggling all of your classes, friendships, relationships, extracurriculars, jobs, and mental health all at the same time. Journaling has helped me tremendously in that it allows me to understand all of the ebbs and flows of my mood and why they occur in that manner. Constantly having a full plate to juggle isn’t easy, but it is extremely beneficial to comprehend your emotions and stressors in order to mitigate future stress or mental strain.

Let others help

There is no one who gets stressed out college kids in the way other stressed out college kids do. Talk to your friends at your university, talk to long distance college friends, or even those who just graduated about all of the insanity going on. It helps to get it all off your chest and relate to those who are experiencing it, and have gone through it. People in your life are a resource and shoulder to lean on, don’t hesitate to have a rant session with your friends or just talk about some of the struggles with being in college.

Put your physical, mental, and emotional needs first

If you are experiencing any type of burnout, it takes time to bounce back to normal. There are a multitude of actions you should take in order to restore all of your needs back to equilibrium. Take this time to listen to what your body needs in every facet and pursue what you think will facilitate peace of mind. For me, it’s listening to self help podcasts, long drives, a lot of alone time, and spending time with the right people.

Take care of yourself loves,

Jess

Hi ! My name is Jess and I'm a second year at USF Tampa studying criminology with a minor in intelligence studies. I love iced chais, anything crystal related, and writing advice articles!