This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Let’s admit it. There have been moments in our lives where we felt stuck. Moments when we felt hopeless. Yet, we must choose the path we want to take when it comes to our mental and emotional mentality. If there is anything I learned in the past week, it was this:

It’s okay to not be okay. 

In the past few weeks, I’ve felt burnt out. I felt like I didn’t care much about myself anymore. When I started to feel like this, I knew I had to do something about this. I decided to go back to therapy, and better myself as a person. I decided to make the choice and become what God meant for me to be. 

I will admit. I am the first person to give someone advice, and not take my own. However, I made a choice to speak life to myself to keep going. Even though I am a hard worker, I needed to learn how to take care of myself first. Whether it was taking a walk around the USF campus, or even writing my stories, I wanted to be in a proper state of mind to finish strong.

love yourself written on a sidewalk
Photo by Michelle Bonkosky from Unsplash

I also learned to be truthful with myself. Every time someone asked me how I’m doing, I had to be honest without telling my whole business. Instead of doing that, I would answer, “I’m struggling, but I will be okay.” See the difference? I admitted that I wasn’t doing well, but I became positive with my outcome through the trials and tribulations. Telling the truth to myself and to someone else is the first step to healing.

To everyone who’s feeling burnt out, stuck, or just completely worthless, I know how you feel. I am right here with you! There is a light at the end of the tunnel. When you reach the finish line, everything was worth it. Everything was where it’s meant to be. Nothing but love to all of you!

"Live. Learn. Grow. Go"
Hello! My name is Cassie! I am a public relations and advertising student at the University of South Florida with a minor in leadership studies. I love digital art and finding new ways to empower women via the internet!