Campus Celebrity: The USF Counseling Center

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

This week, we at Her Campus USF are doing something a little different with our Campus Celebrity! Instead of focusing on a person, we would like to highlight a group of people: the amazing faculty and staff at the USF Counseling Center!

Who: The USF Counseling Center is made up of a diverse staff of psychologists dedicated to serving registered USF students with mental health concerns that may impact academics.

What: The staff at the Counseling Center are just like a therapist you would seek off campus, except free and here to serve you specifically!

When: The Counseling Center is open Monday-Friday from 8 am to 5 pm, and they offer drop in workshops, like their Mindfulness Meditation workshops offered 3 days a week!

Where: The Counseling Center is located on the second floor of SVC, right across the hall from the Career Center. 

Why? Some students don’t take their mental health as seriously as they should, and find themselves, especially in the beginning semesters of college, feeling anxious or depressed. The Counseling Center is here to help our students, and is working toward a more mentally healthy campus. 

Cera is a junior at the University of South Florida currently majoring in Women and Gender Studies. She has an on-campus job as a receptionist and is the Editor-in-Chief of the USF Her Campus Chapter. Her goals and aspirations after graduation include graduate school, teaching English abroad, teaching at the university level, writing novels, and adopting every dog. 
Sydjea Watson is from the beautiful island of Jamaica. She graduated from the University of South Florida with a bachelor's degree in mass communications. Sydjea has a passion and great appreciation for the arts. She currently works as a freelance photographer while pursuing a photography certification at Rhode Island School of Design.