This Brussels Sprouts Recipe Will Change Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

I know what you’re thinking, “brussels sprouts are disgusting, there’s no way to make them taste good.” To which I say, don’t knock them until you try out my tips! Brussels sprouts are one of the best foods for your diet: they’re high in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They have the potential to reduce the risk of cancer, decrease inflammation, and improve blood sugar control. But aside from all the science, you can cook them to be absolutely delicious.  Here’s how to make this superfood your new favorite meal. 

Ingredients:

• Brussels Sprouts (whatever amount you feel like eating)

• EVOO

• Scallions (chopped)

• Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper

• Lemon Pepper seasoning (optional)

• Balsamic Vinegar

• Honey

Courtesy of sansoja / Pixabay

Instructions:

1. Throw some EVOO in a pan, turn the heat on low, allow the oil to heat up for no more than six minutes. 

2. Cut off the end of your brussels sprouts, then cut all of them in half. 

3. Place your halved brussels sprouts in the pan (flat side down). 

4. Add salt, pepper, lemon pepper seasoning, and a little bit more oil, then turn up the heat. 

5. Let the brussels sprouts roast in the oil and DO NOT flip them for about 10 minutes or until they are burnt on the bottom. 

6. Plate the brussels sprouts, drizzle balsamic vinegar, honey, and scallions on top. Add seasoning to taste. 

7. Enjoy! 

Pexels

While eating your scrumptious creation, I’m sure you’ll also be eating your words because this superfood is sure to have your mouth watering. My friends all told me that they would never eat brussels sprouts and I told them I would prove them wrong. I came up with this recipe, cooked it for them, and now they eat brussels sprouts every night. I’m telling you, give this recipe a shot! Happy cooking!

Hi, I'm Kate :). I'm an English and Writing and Rhetoric major and I'm a Sophomore at the University of Rhode Island. I love writing, editing, and publishing and I'm a sucker for good books, good friends, and even better cups of coffee. As a concluding statement enjoy this dad joke: "why couldn't the bicycle stand up by itself?" "Because it was two-tired".