This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

If your Facebook feed is anything like mine then it is filled with recipe videos. Your girl is not complaining. While some recipes seem like they were made for Masterchef contestants, there are a couple that people like me can handle. I love cooking and from time to time, I test recipes out. So, I found a few that I thought I would try my hand at to see if they are actually achievable and share the results with you.

Creamy One-Pot Spinach Shrimp Pasta

I am a sucker for one-pot recipes because they usually result in less cleaning afterwards. This recipe is a combination of some favorites of mine — spinach, shrimp, pasta, and cheese. This was also my first time cooking shrimp so I was a bit nervous but it was not as hard as I thought it would be, and that is definitely one of the more “tougher” components of this recipe. With only seven steps and a step-by-step video available, this is a fail-safe recipe to try out.

Zesty Italian Crescent Casserole  

This is another super easy and delicious recipe to try. I opted for the buttery crescent rolls because they are superior, but you could really use any crescent roll flavor you prefer. I also opted for a meatless crumble to appeal to my vegetarian sister, and it still tasted delicious. This was a hit amongst my family. It will leave you warm inside and going back for seconds and thirds.

3 Ingredient Nutella Cookies  

I stumbled upon this recipe and knew I had just enough Nutella and flour to finish them up. Since this recipe only calls for three ingredients (Nutella, flour and an egg), it was fairly simple to make and they were a great little treat to snack on from morning until night.

Irish Scones

I studied abroad last semester in Scotland and fell in love with scones. I had been itching to try my hand at making them. I added chocolate chips to mine since I had a bag laying around, but you can make them plain or feel free to add whatever you would like. This was one of the more messy and complex recipes I have made, only because it called for self-raising flour (which is just flour and baking powder combined). I did not have this and had to make my own (the recipe has a link to make your own as well), so I think my mixture was a bit off in its consistency. I also did not have a scone cookie cutter so it got a bit messy and that is why mine turned out really big. I will definitely try to make them again because they still turned out good and tasted yummy. 

Pasta Fagioli Soup  

I looked up this recipe when I had some leftover vegetable broth and spinach from the Creamy One-Pot Spinach Shrimp Pasta. This soup is fairly brothy but will be sure to keep you warm on a cold winter day or night. While the recipe calls for certain amounts of pasta, sausage, and spinach, I found that you can really add or subtract however much you want since it is not a super thick soup. I also opted for meatless sausage because my sister was vegetarian at the time and it tasted just as good.

Veronica is a senior majoring in Communication Studies and minoring in Journalism. After college Veronica hopes to write for a newspaper or magazine like The New York Times or Boston Globe. Outside of writing, Veronica enjoys riding her bike, hammocking, reading, volunteering, and cheering on the Cubs.