bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

11 Habits Fit Girls Live By

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

For any Collegiate who prioritizes health and fitness, you and I could agree that certain parts of our daily routine are a bit different than others. Whether we’re munching on almonds down Chancellor’s or filling our backpacks with preplanned meals in tupperware, we are always prepared when it comes to what we’re putting in our bodies as well as the workout routine we plan to kill that day. It’s not always easy, but we make it work. Here are the 11 habits fit girls live by. 

1. Breakfast is made within the first thirty minutes of waking up.

Caution: waiting to eat for hours may cause anger, irritation, and a loss of friends. 

2. There is a ninety-nine percent chance that we will have a huge water bottle with us wherever we go.

Tracking the amount of water we drink a day is a real thing and you better believe we’re not going to bed before we hit that goal. 

3. There is a high possibility that we have a week’s worth of meal prep in the fridge by Sunday night.

Although meal prep is time-consuming, we make it a priority because everyone knows abs are made in the kitchen. 

4. Our purses are so big only because they are filled with healthy, easy-to-eat-on-the-go snacks.

Almonds, lara bars, apples, etc… The list of portable snacks truly does not end.

5. We firmly believe that activewear sales are what dreams are made of. If we’re going out to dinner with friends, chances are we’ve already scoped out the menu online and know exactly what we’re going to order.

*Browses the menu for ten minutes to hide the crazy*

6. We take our workouts extremely serious and almost always have them planned to a T.

Gym time is sacred to us and you better believe that we make that hour count. 

7. Our two main Pinterest boards consist of healthy recipes and new workout ideas.

Modified versions of your favorite treats with half the calories? This is what life is about, people.  

8. We secretly love the calluses that form on our hands from lifting heavy.

…especially if we’re weight training four to five days a week, we want to see proof every chance we get. 

9. Forgetting headphones is just about the most upsetting thing that can happen to us during the day.

No workout is ruined like the one which lacks Beyonce. 

10. We’ll never buy bullshit protein bars and shakes because we know exactly which ones are actually good for us.

We read labels like it’s our job. So, no, lovely sales rep at GNC, I will not buy your protein bar filled with 38,267 ingredients that even the most intelligent woman alive couldn’t pronounce. *Hair flip*

11. We buy certain outfits for the sole purpose of showing off specific muscles groups.

*Slowly lifts backpack to show off biceps* 

Photos courtesy of giphy.com.

Gabriella is a twenty-something Floridian who has taken her love of waterfront living and sandy toes to Wilmington, NC! When she's not imprinting her body frame on the beach or stocking up on excessive jars of peanut butter, Gabriella can be found in the lines of Dunkin Donuts scrolling through Pinterest in the search of the perfect apartment decor. Her dream profession is to work for a women's magazine with an emphasis on millennial empowerment. Follow her on Twitter, @gabby_dionisio!