Wellness > Health

Four Exercises That Won’t Annoy Your Neighbors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UMKC chapter.

Working out at home can be a pain. With no equipment, fear of annoying your neighbors and just the resounding feeling of wanting to lay around during quarantine, it really is hard to want to work out. We have found that selecting workouts that work for us and make us want to get up and move can help.

With no equipment, no noise and beginner movements, these are some of our favorite at-home gurus and workouts.

At Home Booty.

Maddie Lymburner’s workouts are simple and easy to do at home, with minimal space required. She has awesome workout routines for people who live in apartments or dorm rooms because there’s no jumping or running required. They can be done with or without bands and weights and can be easily modified for lower intensity. Remember to have good form and don’t let your knees go past your ankles!

Morning Stretches for Increasing Energy

We all need more energy right now and stretching is the perfect way to kick off your morning. Cassey makes you feel like you’re working out with a friend as she guides you through each stretch. She has tons of different workouts on her Blogilaties channel and personal website so you’ll be able to find a routine that works for you. Don’t forget to take your time with these stretches and breathe through them. They can also be done after a workout. 

High Intensity Full Body.

Natache Oceane’s workouts are designed for you to work out in your apartment and not disrupt your neighbors. While most of her workouts are on her Instagram, she has a couple on her YouTube channel as well. We would describe these workouts as high intensity full body workouts while still allowing you some leeway if you are a beginner. These HITT workouts get you breathing heavily and sweating, all while not annoying your neighbors with minimal noise.

Found Around Your House Workout.

Kayla Itsines’s Instagram is a perfect place for at-home workout inspiration. With easy to follow videos and progress pictures to show off results, there is a reason so many turn to Itsines’s videos as a guide. Again, with equipment you can find around your house (like a chair), she has full body workouts for everyone.

Find an at-home workout that works for you during this quarantine. There are so many options on YouTube, Instagram and even Tik Tok. You can also find ways to incorporate these routines in an outdoor workout in your backyard or at the park. Don’t forget to warm up and have fun!

Amira is currently a senior at the University of Missouri-Kansas City. She is always smiling with a kombucha in her hand & blasting her multiple Céline Dion CD's in her car because duh, the radio can't beat Céline Dion. On any given day she will gladly talk your ear off about Grey's Anatomy, stronger background checks for gun purchases and why immigrants are some of the most important members of our society.