stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

2020 Top Wellness Trends: Get Zen for the New Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UMKC chapter.

Preparations for a season of change are right around the corner as we enter the new year. That’s right, it’s time to evaluate those much-dreaded resolutions. Can you imagine getting excited about your new year promises and feeling totally confident in showing them who’s boss? This year is your year to dominate your wellness goals and achieve the Zen you deserve.

Fortunately for us, 2020 is serving up some killer wellness trends that won’t disappoint. These trends are getting real about vaginal, hormonal and mental health in the new year. Get ready to choose the resolution of choosing you with the three top wellness trends of 2020!

Love Your Vagina, Even When it’s Not Loving You.

Why it has taken the world so long to put out practical feminine care products, we may never know. Fortunately, women have taken the problem into their own hands and have (unsurprisingly) dominated the field. We’re talking about vaginal health, ladies, and it’s time to take control.

Vaginas are complicated, and navigating how we’re supposed to take care of them can be an even bigger struggle. One vaginal-health-focused product line that has come to the rescue in 2020 is Lady Suite. Lady Suite is a “For Ladies, By Ladies” company that offers intimate skin care products for all things down south. Not only does this line provide three amazing and affordable products for dryness, bumps and redness, they also offer countless resources to answer all our vaginal health concerns. Lady Suite and other brands like Fur, The Perfect V, Honest Beauty and Love Wellness are essentials for achieving Zen in 2020.

Choosing to pamper your vagina is not a luxury, it is self-care. Give yourself the love you deserve this year by supporting your vulva health and balancing those vaginal pH levels. It’s time to get real with your intimate skin struggles and show your vagina some love.  

Test Positive for Hormonal Health

The struggle to get hormones in check each month can be frustrating and exhausting. However, 2020 is your year to shine! It’s time to change the hormonal struggles women face by getting familiar with these powerful chemicals and learning to love them. Hormone testing and hormonal health has become a booming topic in recent months and will continue to be of interest this year. This means you can finally take control of your hormones before they take control of you.

In order to understand your hormones, it is important to understand the role they play. Women’s hormones are important for many reasons because they affect every part of the body. From heart and brain health to quality of sleep, finding balance for hormones is very important. Luckily, with the largest variety of at-home testing for hormone imbalances in women, 2020 has your back. Services like EverlyWell, FLO Living and Mira help in determining which hormones need balanced and how to balance them. Each of these testing providers gives precise answers on what you can do for your hormones specifically.

The time for seeking revenge on your hormones is over. Now that you can get to know your hormones, you can finally take the proper steps toward achieving true inner balance. Knowing your hormones is knowing yourself, which is why this wellness trend makes for a perfect resolution in 2020 —the resolution of balance.

Take a Painmoon.

When mental pain hits hard, the need for escape is all too familiar. So, what do we do? We go on a painmoon.

Painmoons are a new emerging trend that allow women to take a break from their mental health pains while also working on relieving them. This 2020 wellness trend takes a new perspective on what it means to tackle mental pain.

It is well-known that the lives we portray on social media are not always consistent with the realities of our mental health status. This year, we can begin to focus on our wellness by taking breaks from the stressors of everyday life. Painmoons can mean taking a roadtrip with your girl gang, venturing to a new place or even going to an all-out wellness retreat. Any travel that allows for reflection and separation from mental stressors is a painmoon. More often than not, diaries and meditation are not sufficient in entirely relieving the woes of mental pain. Therefore, the new painmoon trend of 2020 may be just what we need.

The season of change and resolution is here . These emerging wellness trends of 2020 give us the ability to be proud of our resolutions and confident in our abilities to conquer them all year. This is our chance to finally become masters of our own vaginal, hormonal and mental health. With these top trends, you get to choose the resolution of choosing you this year!

Ciera Farrens is currently a Senior at the University of Missouri-Kansas City studying Psychology and minoring in Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. She is a writer for the UMKC chapter of Her Campus, and she loves expressing herself through fashion, music, and of course, writing. Ciera spends most of her time seeking out new coffee spots and exploring the fountains of KC!
Krit graduated with English and Chemistry degrees from UMKC. As the President and founder of UMKC’s chapter, she hopes HC UMKC will continue to create content that inspires students. Some of her favorite things include coffee and writing.