Easy Workouts to Keep Up With Your New Years Resolution

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

So your New Year’s Resolution was to finally get back into the gym and become a healthier you. It was an easy resolution to begin with, when you didn’t have to go to school and worry about all your classes. Now, as you’re getting back into the swing of things, it’s getting harder and harder to get into the gym. As always, Pinterest comes in clutch to give you some great new ideas for workouts to try. Here are some easy workouts to help you get back into the workout groove:

Abs: Ab workouts such as heel touches, flutter kicks and crutches are tools to help you work on your core. These ab workouts are easy to do, whether you are at home or in the gym. One of my personal favorites is flutter kicks, but it’s suggested that you try them all and see which one you like the best. Ab workouts can be a pain, but if you are doing one that you semi like, getting that six-pack you always wanted won’t be that bad! 

Legs: 

Some of my favorite leg workouts are things such as squats, jumping jacks, lunges, and wall squats. Now this may be a bit of an exaggeration for your first couple of times working out, but if you split it in half it should be a little easier to handle. Working up to this will you make you feel like you slay the workout game. 

Arms: Arm workouts can be effective with or without dumb bells. Excersises such as pushups, dips and bicep curls are great ways to get toned arms. These workouts are an easy way to start to get upper-body strength. Upper-body strength can be difficult to obtain, but if you stick to an excersise routine, it’s definitely a goal you can achieve. 

Getting into the gym is the first step to achieving your fitness goals. Stay positive and stay determined! 

Erin Gilmore is a Georgia native, born and raised in Forsyth County. Since 2015, she has been attending The University of Georgia. She is majoring in Risk Management and Insurance and Advertising. She loves to learn new things and go on adventures with her friends. In her free time, she likes to hang out with her dogs, read and travel.