rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Note to Self: Time Passes Quickly But That’s Okay

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

To the girl who feels that time is passing by too quickly,

You might feel like you’ve lost all sense of control, and that’s okay. That’s the thing about time: We can’t make it slow down or halt on command.

Instead of freaking out, embrace it and let things unfold the way they’re supposed to. It feels like just yesterday you started your senior year in college, but you blinked and now it’s time for finals. Excitement has turned into anxiety and the real world awaits you — but how do you know if you’re ready? You won’t.

While Thanksgiving break was much needed, having to answer “So what’s next after graduation?”only made you freak out more. The truth is that you just need to breathe. You’ve worked endlessly to come to this point in your life, and you can’t allow yourself to think of this triumph as a defeat. Be proud of yourself. All those nights in Library West and constant existential crises were worth it because you’re here and you’ve grown. Just because graduation is approaching doesn’t mean life ends. In fact, it’s just now beginning.

Life happens, and it’s bound to surprise you one way or another. The only thing left to do is embrace the now. Kick butt in all of your exams and prep yourself for what’s to come after graduation. Don’t forget that your twenties are made for risk-taking. Step out of your comfort zone and never conform. This is the chance to be adventurous, to make mistakes and to learn from them. Nobody expects you to be perfect and have your life figured out instantaneously. Take as much time as you need to make the transition from college student to adulthood. You have time to figure it out.

Just remember, life moves at a rapid pace, and if you’re not careful, you’ll miss all the opportunities. I know this because I was once you. Wanting to pull my hair out with the thoughts of finals, stressing about phone calls I never received and forgetting to enjoy what’s left of my college career. It’s so easy to get caught up in the stress of life and the anxiety of exams, but guess what? There’s more to life, and you’ll have to deal with things far more difficult later on. Even the most successful people have failed at something at some point in their lives. So as the semester comes to an end, remember who you were when you first arrived at UF and see how much you’ve learned in such a short amount of time. Never stop setting goals and keep pushing forward toward your dream career. You can only go up from here.

Sincerely,

The girl who started living in the moment

Photo Credit: sweetpics.site