stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fitness with Finesse: 5 Fitness Blogs to Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Keeping up with fitness and healthy eating trends can be a hard task. Based on your interests, eating habits and favorite workouts, different fitness blogs will help you stay informed and stay fit. These five blogs are each geared toward different areas, including general fitness, healthy eating and inspiration.

1. Fit Bottomed Girls
Fit Bottomed Girls was started by two girls with the goal of motivating women who want to improve their general health. Their site is filled with fitness posts, recipes and exciting music playlists to work out to, as well as tips on motivating yourself and getting involved in a fitness community. Enjoy ’80s and ’90s music playlists, as well as modern ones like this Taylor Swift and Katy Perry playlist. The different categories, such as fitness, nutrition, motivation and music, are updated with posts at least weekly, and each is totally worth the read.

2. Powercakes
This blog will solve all of your healthy-eating needs. Find your new favorite recipes, browse the fitness sections, or read about Kasey’s personal journey and fitness training. She is an educated personal trainer armed with the knowledge to get your fitness and eating routine in check. Her blog is certain to keep you updated with healthy recipes. Learn how to eat healthy with Chia seeds or check out the regular recipes like her Avocado Power Pudding. Browsing through her healthy recipes will have your mouth watering!

3. Eat, Lift & Be Happy
For some real fitness inspiration, head to Neghar Fonooni’s blog, Eat, Lift & Be Happy. Her mission statement? “I help people learn to live a fully engaged, vibrant, wholehearted life.” Her inspirational words will have you hitting the gym and tossing out unhealthy snacks. Her blog is not only empowering, but also informative and helpful, too. Learn to live a lifestyle you’re proud of and get in shape mentally and physically. Read one of her recent posts about self doubt and pushing yourself to do more, titled Can I do that? This post and more will boost your self esteem and morale.

4. Organize Yourself Skinny
If you’re really looking for a supporting community of people with similar goals of weight loss, Organize Yourself Skinny is a blog you need to follow and join in on the discussion. Here you can learn about portion control, meal planning and how to make cooking healthy meals easier. Hear about others’ stories and get support from followers of the blog. You can even learn to start your own weight loss blog!

5. Strong Like My Coffee
Written for college women by a college athlete, this blog will give you tips and tricks that are perfect for collegiettes. Learn about healthy habits of a fit athlete, like how to grocery shop on a budget, or how to make skinny drinks for girls’ night out. While the writer of the blog, Kenzie, is no longer in college, she is still running, and her past posts are very relevant. Although the blog is mostly focused on fitness and health, there is also a little reprieve with cute DIY posts and other college tips you can read as you navigate your own way through college life.

Use these blogs to get yourself to the gym, eating healthy and feeling good about your body. These things are critical to your health, and each of these blogs will help you on the quest to a fitter lifestyle. Check these out weekly so you can keep up with the trends and stay fit.

Photo credits: www.betches.com