Yoga
Yoga
Kristine Mahan / Spoon
Wellness > Health

4 Workout Videos to Follow While Stuck at Home

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

During the school year, I tried to go to the gym, but was never successful in finding a regular workout routine. Working out at UF’s Student Recreation and Fitness Center or even my apartment’s gym didn’t seem worth it. But things have changed drastically since quarantining. I no longer am stuck at home by choice, but because it’s the safest option. Every day, sitting in front of my computer doing schoolwork has caused me to feel restless. I turned to these YouTube to combat this.

12 Minutes to Toned Arms

This workout by Blogilates was very different from anything I’ve done before. I wanted to focus on a full body workout. It was really fun, and my arms felt the burn. This channel posts other videos, from challenges to working out specific parts of the body and Pilates videos.

Wind Down Yoga

This video was perfect after hourlong online classes throughout the day. It helped me wind down and get ready for bed. Yoga With Adriene features many different yoga videos on her channel, focusing on specific postures to dealing with cramps. One of my goals is to incorporate more yoga and meditation into my life, and Adriene’s channel makes that very easy.

Dorm Room Workout

This workout can be done wherever you are! All you need is a chair and textbook. This video provides a solid full body workout. It’s less than 10 minutes, so it serves as a perfect study break! Sarah Fit has a good variety of workout videos to choose from on her channel.

15-Minute Bounce Back Cardio Dance

Dancing is a fun way to workout without feeling like you are. This 15-minute routine is a great pick me up. PopSugar Fitness offers a variety of workout videos on their channel so you can find what else works for you.

I am more motivated to workout due to being stuck at home all day. Use this time to find out what workouts you like to create a routine that you look forward to keeping up with. There are tons of great videos out there, so you can find what best suits you.

Niharika graduated from the University of Florida with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and a minor in Mathematics. She wrote for Her Campus UFL during her time at UF. She also wrote for Her Campus Leeds when she spent her junior year abroad at the University of Leeds in Leeds, England. She tried drinking tea when in England but is still a coffee person at heart. As a Colorado native, Niharika loves hiking, skiing, and mountain biking. In her spare time, she likes to explore her creativity through photography and drawing.