Wellness

5 Things You Can Do To Get Your Day Off To a Good Start

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

How you start your morning is what sets the tone for your day. I am used to waking up late, rushing and not spending time for myself. After deciding to wake up early, I find my days to be more peaceful and less stressful. It is vital to make time for yourself in the morning and take full advantage of the day. There are only 24 hours in a day, what will you do with your time?

Drink 8 ounces of water

When you wake up, drink eight ounces of water. Drinking eight ounces of water helps regulate your digestive track, which will help your overall health and keep your body moving throughout the day. 

Journaling 

Journaling when you wake up can help you gather your thoughts, intentions, goals for the day. If you take 10 min to write down how you’re feeling, what you want too accomplish for the day and manifestations, you will have that mentality throughout the day. 

Exercise

Waking up early to workout may sound dreadful, however it does not need to be a hardcore workout. Just getting your body moving with some light yoga stretches, a jog around the block or dancing in your room will do the job. As long as you are giving your body the chance to make movement, it will be worth it. Doing some sort of physical activity will not only improve your health, but elevate your mood. 

Self Affirmations

Self love is one of the best things you can do for yourself. Look into the mirror and compliment yourself. Learn to appreciate your body, mind and soul. Saying small affirmations will help start your day off feeling confident and ready to take on the world. 

Eating a healthy breakfast

It can be hard to find time to make a good breakfast, but waking up early will help you create that time. Eating a well balanced breakfast will help start your day energized with nutrients that will carry you throughout the day. 

Mornings are sacred and should be filled with routines that are benficial to your health and wellbeing. I can personally attest that if you incorporate any of these habits into your morning routine, your day will go a lot better! 

Enya Nava

UCSD '21

Enya is a 4th year transfer student from the Bay Area, majoring in Communications at UCSD. Aside from being a writer for UCSD Her Campus, she is involved in UCSD's Undergrad Communication's Society and the Social Media Coordinator for Triton Linked-In Group. During her free time, you can catch her hanging out with friends, dancing, working out or catching some sun at the beach!
Her Campus at UCSD aims to create a more open platform for women to share their ideas and passions with the rest of the college community. Our writers are students of all different majors who share the same passion for writing and media and are excited to bring more fun articles for the UCSD community and others to indulge in and enjoy.