Wellness

Nike Legacy Summit Will Celebrate Female Leaders: How You Can Nominate Your Own Role Model

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

For me, a role model is someone who empowers me to value both my strengths and weaknesses, encouraging me to recognize the power within my flaws, and how I can use them to empathize with others. A role model in LA specifically is attentive to her community’s needs and active about finding ways she can fulfill those needs. She leads by example and uses her resources and gifts to uplift the people around her. This year, Nike is offering anyone the chance to nominate his or her own role model for the Nike Legacy Summit, and I am so excited to share that the nominations are now LIVE! I recently had the chance to nominate my own role model of movement, and participated in a shoot to share why. Thank you @nikelosangeles for allowing me to recognize and celebrate LA-based college women, that serve as mentors for me and other women today!  As explained on their website, the Nike Legacy Summit will recognize and celebrate LA’s most influential role models, coaches and mentors who use sport as a platform to better themselves and the world around them. Nike Legacy Summit nominees will be taken through a curated weekend experience where they will receive the training, tools and inspiration to keep empowering the next generation. The summit will be a congregation of some of LA’s most game-changing role models, all nominated women. The experience will consist of a weekend of inspirational experiences to give them the resources and tools to continue doing what they are doing, even better, through inspirational speakers, development sessions and movement workshops. 

Nominee Criteria:

• 13 years old & up
  • Los Angeles Resident
  • Passionate about mentorship and making a positive impact in the community
  • Connection to sport in any of the following ways: fitness, wellness, coaching, dance, yoga, meditation, or movement.

Nominate your own role model for Nike Legacy Summit here! And follow @nikelosangeles on Instagram and Twitter to stay updated with the latest news. 

Renée is an alumna at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and served as the HCUCLA Editor in Chief and one of the Campus Correspondents for the 2019-2020 school year. She is passionate about storytelling and pushing for more Asian American representation in fashion and entertainment.