Style > Fashion

Activewear Finds For Gym Girlies Beyond The Basics

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

In a world where your favorite gym fit has become synonymous with a few established giants like Lululemon and Alo, I say that it’s time we open our wardrobes and explore the burgeoning landscape of activewear brands. For gym enthusiasts seeking alternatives that transcend the conventional (or workout sets that aren’t extremely overpriced), there’s a great deal of fantastic newcomers making waves in the gym attire scene with so much to offer. As a gym girlie who has been trying her best to branch out from traditional activewear brands, here are some of my underrated favorites I recently discovered on my search for something new:

Astoria activewear

Looking for some cute prints to add some flare to your wardrobe? Well, Astoria Activewear has got you covered. From animal prints to florals, the various patterned collections that Astoria offers customers are endless. One of my personal favorites is their gingham print collection, in which you can get baby pink or baby blue gingham workout sets (complete with an adorable matching headband) that will have you absolutely strutting your stuff when you step into the gym.

paragon fitwear

Ever suffered from “scrunch butt”? Well, I have. I know I’m not the only one who absolutely despises when shorts have a built-in booty scrunch that is meant to accentuate your curves. Unfortunately, the booty scrunch doesn’t flatter everyone, myself included. So, when I heard that Paragon Fitwear had an alternative, I knew I had to try it. Paragon Fitwear’s alternative, Sculptseam, offers customers a more subtle effect that acts as an almost invisible contouring innovation without the visible fabric scrunch.

vuori

Although this brand has not yet reached the popularity that Lululemon or Alo has with the general public, Vuori is rapidly gaining visibility due to the efficient design and high quality of their products. Yes, this brand is definitely on the pricier side, but I’ve found that the price truly does reflect the quality of their designs. In a sense, you get what you pay for. And for all the larger-chested girlies, I have been absolutely obsessed with how supportive their Yosemite Longline Bra feels even during my most cardio-heavy workout sessions.

aybl

Whether you love or hate the “booty scrunch”, Aybl has everything you need when it comes to leggings and shorts. With a wide variety in both colors and styles of bottoms, this brand can surely bring some body to your wardrobe. However, you’re gonna wanna make sure to keep up with their clothing drops because this brand is known to sell out quickly. So, set your alarms, ladies!

buffbunny collection

You know, leggings and sports bras aren’t all these brands have to offer. Buffbunny Collection has introduced bodysuits, adding a fresh and stylish dimension to fitness apparel. These bodysuits seamlessly blend fashion and function, providing versatility for workouts or casual wear. Whether you’re looking for a sleek silhouette for your next yoga practice or a bold statement piece for a sweaty gym session, Buffbunny’s corset bodysuit offers a flattering fit and supportive design for a variety of sizes and body types.

girlfriend collective

One of the few brands that remains dedicated to sustainability and inclusivity in the activewear industry, Girlfriend Collective uses recycled textiles to craft high-quality leggings and sports bras that are not only eco-friendly but also stylish! If these ethical manufacturing practices aren’t enough to get you to start buying here, Girlfriend Collective also offers a diverse range of sizes, ensuring that everyone finds the perfect fit in their workout gear, no matter where you land on their sizing chart. Because after all, confidence is the best accessory when it comes to your workout fit. Remember, the better you feel, the better you look.

So, what’s stopping you? As you venture into your next workout, consider the vibrant array of activewear options beyond the conventional. From the sleek and stylish offerings of Buffbunny Collection to the bold and adventurous designs of Astoria Activewear, there’s a world of choice waiting to elevate your gym attire. Let your workout wardrobe reflect your uniqueness and the dynamic individual that you are. Because, after all, in the realm of activewear, standing out is just as important as sweating it out.

Autumn Morgan is a third-year Film & Television major at UCLA who grew up in the San Fernando Valley. She thoroughly enjoys being overdressed and reading women’s divorce fiction. In her free time, you can find her laying by a river eating fruit.