5 Things to do to Keep Yourself Healthy During Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

With midterm season here to stay (for some of you until Week Nine or Ten…how rude), life is about to get a little more stressful. We have compiled a few fun and serious tips to keep you in your best shape as you take on your tests!

1. Throw yourself a dance party.

This can take place anywhere you please, but the privacy of your own dorm room is probably the least embarrassing space. All you need is some good music, some quality company (or just yourself), and bring on the moves!

2. Treat yourself to your guilty pleasure.

Whether your gulity pleasure is watching a cheesy television show or eating a lot of ice cream, do yourself a favor and treat yourself to something nice to get rid of all of your yucky stress and anxiety. Don’t be afraid to take some time for yourself!

3. Get a decent amount of sleep.

If you know that you have a long week ahead of you, instead of staying up late every night, try to budget your time so that you only have to stay up super late one night of the week. Your brain and body will profusely thank you later.

4. Get some excercise

Whether you decide to hit the gym or just take a leisurely stroll around campus in-between your study breaks, it is important to get some blood circulating through your body and give your brain some fresh air. 

5. Grab dinner with friends. 

It doesn’t matter if you have a test to study for or if you have a paper that’s due tomorrow, a girl still has to eat! Instead of eating by yourself, give yourself a fixed amount of time in-between studying so that you can either eat in the dining hall or grab dinner to-go with friends. Not only are you doing yourself a favor by resting your brain, but you also have time to rant with your friends about your feelings and anxieties which helps alleviate all the stress both you and your friends might be dealing with.

Good luck and happy studying! 

Photo courtesy of Megan Reusche and gif courtesy of giphy.com

Megan is UCLA's Co-Campus Correspondent. She is a 4th year English major and Education Studies minor at UCLA. When she's not at a coffee shop reading, she loves going to the beach and trying different cuisines at new restaurants.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.