This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Everyone handles stressful situations differently by using techniques they have learned throughout their life. I have some de-stressing activities that have become routine for me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed from school, extracurricular activities, or life in general, I go straight to these de-stressors to help me out.

So, whenever I am feeling like I need a much-needed break from everything, the first thing I do is put on my favorite calming Spotify playlist called “Coffee Table Jazz.” Putting this playlist on instantly brings my nerves to a stop. I know this is a super personal taste in music, but finding a calming playlist that you have a personal connection to is important because then it will be helpful when you consistently use it to de-stress.

Next, my go to is a face mask! The current face mask that I’m obsessed with is the Acure Brilliantly Brightening mask. It has argan oil and chlorella and makes you look like a green monster, but it makes your skin glow after you remove it.

While I wait for my mask to dry, I then do two of my favorite things: make tea and put essential oils in my diffuser. Tea always calms me down, especially herbal tea. Chamomile and mint tea are the two best teas to drink when feeling anxious. And lavender and eucalyptus are my favorite oils for my oil diffuser. Scents like these are super powerful for bringing down stress.

My last de-stressing activity is meditation. Personally, I am a huge fan of guided mediations. I cannot express to you how much I love them. They have helped me so much to ease my stress. I know that if I have a stressful day ahead of me, then I need to start my day with a meditation that I can find on Spotify or Youtube.

All of these activities have helped me handle whatever comes my way in my university years. It can be tough managing your time between everything college entails, but I highly recommend you borrow some of my de-stressing activities or create some consistent ones of your own.

Courtney is a senior at the University of California Davis where she is earning her degree in Communication, with minor in English. Courtney is a member of Alpha Delta Pi and is from Santa Barbara, CA. She is an avid reader, Netflix and Hulu watcher, beauty enthusiast, and is a big foodie!
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!