kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Women’s Empowerment Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Get ready ladies, HCUCR is hosting our first annual Women’s Empowerment Week!

The week kicks off with our ‘Spring Into Fashion’ Show on April 27th, at 6pm in HUB 302. We’ll be showcasing loads of UCR talent with student models, designers, performers, stylists, and hair and makeup artists. Come out and enjoy looks from shops like 2B, Windsor, Francesca’s and more. Be sure to enter for chances to win various prizes at the show, including gift cards to Sephora, Round1 and Casey’s Cupcakes. And did we mention the show will be recognized by 99.1 KGGI’s very own, Diana Wehbe?!

The week continues on Monday the 28th with a Self-Esteem and Body Issue seminar hosted by The Well in HUB 268 from 5pm-7pm. Come out and join the conversation on the female image in an open forum where your voice can be heard. This workshop is designed to empower and uplift, because every woman is beautiful, both inside and out.

On Wednesday, April 30th, we pick back up with Healthy Living, Healthy Life Seminar hosted by The Well. If you’re interested in learning how to live a healthier life style, this is a great place to start. It will lay out a number of ways for you to start your journey to a longer, healthier life!

And lastly, on May 2nd we’ll be hosting a Guest Seminar with 99.1 KGGI’s Diana Wehbe. Her story of struggle and victory of losing over 100 pounds is one you don’t want to miss! She’ll also be sticking around for a question and answer shesh!

Image: http://www.kggiradio.com/onair/diana-wehbe-21360/

Women’s Empowerment Week is a week that HCUCR would like to dedicate to the empowerment and bettering of the Women on the UCR campus. Please join us for fun, games, and an open forum to share and be heard. See you there!

-Joanna Kilambi

Raven Morris

UC Riverside

I'm a 3rd year Media and Cultural Studies major at the University of California, Riverside
UC Riverside

UC Riverside