This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

So how can one stay healthy and continue to stay healthy for a lifetime? Well, it all starts with the kinds of food you eat. Eating is a big factor that contributes to staying healthy because there are three meals in a day and most people either eat less than that or more than it. A big part of eating factors into your body plan. Eating too much in a day can cause you to feel unwell the next day because the food may not have been processed thoroughly. In order to ensure that you eat healthy, you must control your meal portions, and make sure you are not overeating or starving. This will cause your immune system to fail on you.

Not only does eating factor into staying healthy, but exercise also controls your overall health. Exercising for at least 30 minutes a day can ensure that your body gets the workout it needs versus just sitting at home and watching TV. There’s a saying that thinking can burn calories as well. It might be true, but it’s up to you. If you choose to make these choices, it will not only benefit you, but your body can get what it needs in order to support you.

Picture Source: (2)