The Stages Of Midterm Season Told Through “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” GIFs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

Midterm season is still going and has no plans to stop for most students until finals season starts. The two months of immense stress brought on by a combination of exams, papers, projects, assignments, and more, have us going through a rollercoaster of emotions. From being incredibly stressed a day before your exam and filled with immense relief after handing in your 13 page paper, we definitely have stages to our hectic midterm season. Here are the stages of midterm season told through “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” GIFs:

1. Confusion: that feeling when you first plot out when your exams are happening and when everything’s due

2. Panic: you start to realize that you have much more to do than expected

3. Hope: you console yourself and have hope that you can complete everything

4. Anger: you’re angry at yourself for not having studied earlier and for not being caught up with your readings. But you’re also just angry at everything.

5. Friends: you meet up with your friends to study, but end up just distracting each other6. Late night snacks: the stress has made you crave all kinds of junk food

7. Chill: it’s the night before an exam and you’ve given up now and have found a strange sense of calmness

8. Rushing: you’ve realized that you should’ve studied more and is now trying to jam more studying in the morning of the exam

9. Emptiness: the exam is now over and you’re in a state of nothingness 

10. Relief: you get out of the exam hall and realize that even if didn’t go the way you wanted it to, you can now relax a bit

Good luck with this midterm season!

GIFs Source: GIPHY

Emma is a fourth year student, majoring in Sociology w/ a minor in Environmental Studies. She aspires to be a travel & lifestyle editor and enjoys any drink with mint and lime.