This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

It’s been about three weeks into the New Year and everything is going and going. But what really is different from the last? Well, let’s shake things up with some self-care and self-love. Here are some ways to get your glow on in 2018. So turn on your chill, but also jamming, playlist. I suggest Sineard Harnett Essentials playlist on Apple Music.

o   Drink Water– There is nothing like plain old water that hits the spot. It helps you lose weight, make your hairline snatched, and your skin clearer.

o   Hair/Face Regimen– There is no greater joy than the feeling you get when your hair is growing, flourishing, and healthy. Your skin is becoming clearer and also, having a regimen gives you something to look forward to every night. This makes your evening way more relaxing, which is beneficial to a good night’s rest.

o   Treat Yo’ Self – Go get that mani/pedi! Get those eyebrows done! Go eat those Red Lobster cheese biscuits! Whatever makes you feel like your best self is also a must. You deserve it!

o   Have Alone Time– it’s okay if you don’t want to be around people 24/8 (yes, I meant 24/8). Everyone needs something just for themselves; whether it’s a spot you go to think, or just your favorite show on Netflix that you want to watch alone.  

o   Exercise – It’s a win-win situation. Let out all the built-up stress from school and work and get your booty poppin’ at the same time.

o   Do What You Want– In the words of the legendary Beyonce, “You’re a grown women, you can do whateva you want.” Stop letting others control your life and live it for yourself. Trust me this will make you a way happier person for yourself and others.

“Self-care is not self indulgence, it’s about self-preservation”

-Audrey Lorde

What are you doing to reach your full glow level this 2018?