katie harp dRCjgmc4B8I unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
katie harp dRCjgmc4B8I unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Back Together Again

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

School, work, bills, family life, social life.

What do you do when it seems like everything around you is falling apart? Giving up is not an option. Believe it or not, you can piece your life back together again. It will be hard, but it will not be impossible.

1. Work on yourself first.

Make sure that you are the epitome of physical and mental health. In order to do that, take the medicine you were prescribed, drink hella water, and get tons of rest. Take time to relax, alone. A little bit of solitary time can work wonders for the human body.

2. Make a daily to-do list.

By making a list of things to do, you are able to see what needs to be done and feel satisfied after looking at what you accomplished. Don’t make the list too long because that leads to feeling overwhelmed by all of your responsibilities and we know that won’t help in any situation.

3. Cry.

Crying is NOT a sign of weakness. It is a sign of being human. It is okay to have emotions. We’re not robots. Trust me, a good cry works wonders.

4. Talk to someone you trust.

Sometimes all we need is for someone to listen to our complaints and not judge or belittle our problems.

5. Just breathe lovelies.

Stay strong. All will be just fine in the end.

A young, married woman just pushing her way through college.
HCUAB