stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Honey Hacks To Get You Through The Winter Slump

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

We all love the golden, sweet syrup that is honey, but did you know that it’s actually good for you? Raw honey is full of natural antimicrobials and antioxidants that can get you through any winter slump!

Face Masks

The harsh winter winds and cold air of the season zap your face of its natural moisture. Warm about 2 tablespoons of raw honey in your hands and massage it in your face, avoiding your eyes. Leave it on for about 10 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water. Your face will be smooth, bright, and naturally hydrated.

The antioxidants in honey are also great for treating acne, so give it a try!

Energy Burst

Your body quickly metabolizes honey, turning it into usable glucose. At about 17g of sugar and 64 calories per tablespoon, honey is a quick energy booster and perfect for dawdling winter mornings.

Soothe Sore Throats

Just a teaspoon of honey can coat your throat, soothing the dryness and discomfort. While the natural antibacterial properties combat inflammation.

Shampoo Booster

As a natural humectant, honey leaves your hair shiny and moisturized. The antioxidants feed your hair follicles, promoting healthy hair growth. Just add 2 teaspoons to your favorite shampoo, apply, and rinse like normal.

So, the next time you’re feeling the cold gaze of Old Man Winter, just add a little honey to your day.