rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Progression of Being Overwhelmed: Grad School Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

We’ve all been there, lots of papers, upcoming deadlines, the pile of worky things and school worky things just stacks up, research papers, programs to plan, meetings to attend, emails to sift through, and then the feeling of being overwhelmed sets in.

At first you’re going through the motions like:

Then you realize the pile adding up. You begin panicking.

Next you go through denial:

Which then leads you to a method of coping:

You, at least, wait until the weekend of the week you’ve been feeling overwhelmed. Because, obviously, you need the time during the week to try to be productive, fail, and continue to feel overwhelmed.

The night begins and you head downtown, ready to figuratively “go hard in the paint.” On the inside you’re just like:

You’re doing great until someone brings up “responsibilities.” (Seriously, why?!)

To which you respond with:

The rush of emotions you feel leads you to the most questionable decision, to go to the Buck. Of course, the Buck. But you don’t dance like a normal human being because you’re basically turning into your mom on the inside. So you dance like this:  

At the Buck, you are again reminded of your responsibilities (WHY?!)  and find yourself sitting on the bathroom floor crying because adulting can be hard sometimes.

Luckily, you have pretty great friends who do their part in supporting you through this difficult time in life, otherwise known as grad school:

Emily Cornell

U Wyoming '17

Emily is a graduate of the University of Wyoming with a Bachelor's in Business Management and Master's in Communication. In terms of career, Emily interned for Wyoming Athletics, and wants to eventually work in sports marketing. When not working or in class, she can typically be found baking cheesecakes, drinking coffee, or having random adventures. If the idea of these three things seem exciting, you can follow her on Instagram or Twitter, username: emilproblems. 
Sarah Ott

U Wyoming

Sara is a senior Marketing major at the University of Wyoming. She is a Co-Founder and Campus Correspondent of Wyoming's Her Campus chapter, along with President of the Student Alumni Association, and Director of Marketing for ASUW Student Government. When she's not having mental breakdowns from stress, she enjoys cuddling with her roommate's cat and hiding under a mound of blankets. All she really wants is to live somewhere where it's warm year round and to not be berated for her massive tea consumption. To check out her ridiculous and crazy life, check out her Instagram, username: twigott