5 Reasons to Venture to North Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

North Campus gets a bad reputation for being far from central with “nothing to do” there. Well, with exams right around the corner, North Campus may become your new favorite hang-out spot: away from the hustle and bustle of Central Campus and downtown Ann Arbor, North Campus is the perfect place to go to unwind, study, or just relax.

1. Take a Walk in the Woods: Walking is proved to help relieve built-up stress. North Campus has plenty of paved walking trails that wind through areas dotted by autumn trees bursting with color, standing peaceful in silence. Whether you listen to music or blissful quiet, your stress is sure to be alleviated.

2. Use the Quiet Study Spots: Although the Diag is a great place to study outside, you can always count on distractions. On North Campus this is not the case, and with plenty of grassy areas to sit and study or maybe hang a hammock, the atmosphere is ideal for concentration.

3. Enjoy the Smaller Crowds: Generally people prefer to spend the entirety of their day on central campus, whether they live there or  make the daily commute. This makes North Campus significantly less crowded. Whether you want to study alone or with a group, North Campus is never overcrowded.

4. Become One with Nature: Central Campus has their selection of squirrels, but on North you can find deer, raccoons, rabbits, squirrels and many other species of wildlife. Who doesn’t like to see a cute bunny every now and again?

5. Snag a Photo-Op: Lastly, if none of the reasons above appeal to you, perhaps you’re looking to up your Insta-game. Make the trip to utilize the North Campus snapchat filter, or take a picture at the fountains.

Images courtesy of: gonorth.umich.edu, and stargazette