This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Throughout the pandemic, I go through so many emotions. I get sad, scared, upset, but most importantly, frustrated. I feel like my freedom has been completely taken from me, but I know I’m not alone. Everyone is in their own version of a “dark hole” during these times. I’ve also learned (and I’m sure everyone else has) to appreciate life before the pandemic. I never thought I’d want to go to class so badly. We know it’s not going to last forever, but the wait has been longer than we thought. I’m TIRED of watching every show and movie to exist. I’m ready to live my life again. As we get closer and closer to the end and see the light at the end of the tunnel, I’ve been thinking of things I can’t wait to do again to celebrate. Things we should all look forward to:

1. Traveling

Amalfi Coast
Photo by Anemone123 from Pixabay

At least twice a year I travel with my friends or family. It’s my way of taking a “break” from real life. Whether it’s visiting my friends or going to a tropical island for a relaxing vacation, I miss the hype of getting on a plane and the excitement of getting away from home. The absolute first thing I will do is travel again.

2. Movie Theaters

crowded movie theatre
Photo by Erik Witsoe from Unsplash

​​Ever since I was little, I would always get so excited to see a movie that comes out in theaters. The fun of getting popcorn, sitting in the comfy chairs, and watching a big screen is a fun activity to get out of the house. The experience doesn’t compare to watching a movie from home. The second it is safe, I’m going to go catch the latest, hottest movie, eat my popcorn, and relax.

3. Restaurants with ALL of my friends

restuarant with greenery and lights
Photo by Shirota Yuri from Unsplash

I MISS RESTAURANTS!!!! Being able to go to a big dinner with all of your friends is so fun. During the pandemic, we always have to sit at 2 or more different tables. It is definitely different because there are two different conversations and it doesn’t feel like a whole group activity. I can’t wait to be able to eat and talk to ALL of my friends instead of just 6 of them at the same table.

4. Concerts and Festivals

people at a concert
Photo by Nainoa Shizuru from Unsplash

I wasn’t ever a concert person, but I definitely have learned through the pandemic to appreciate that freedom more. Once it is safe to go to concerts and festivals with my friends, I’m going to get the best seats in the house and sing my heart out.

5. Workout Classes

myths about gymming, women in fitness 4
Photo by CHU Gummies from Unsplash
Before the pandemic hit, I was very persistent about working out every day and changing it up by going to a cycle class or a bootcamp. To be honest, working out during this pandemic has been hell. I’ve learned to use the pandemic as an excuse to not workout, but I’ve also found ways to get active, even though it’s not convenient. Though gyms are open with restrictions, I still don’t feel completely safe. I can’t wait to be able to go to an early morning cycle class and feel the motivation in the room rather than at home.

Hi! I'm a Junior Communications major at University of Massachusetts Amherst. I love writing especially personal articles that others can relate to!
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst