bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Fitness Classes to Try this Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Fall weather got you cold? Warm up at the Rec Center with these free temperature-rising workout classes!

1.     Butts and Guts

Stay warm with this adrenaline-pumping workout. This fun workout incorporates moves to work your butt and your gut while listening to motivating music. Classes are every Thursday 5:00-5:30 p.m. and Fridays 12:00-12:30 p.m.

2.     Cross-Fit Black Bear

If you’re daring, try this intense full body workout. Cross-Fit includes cardio and weight lifting.  Classes are on Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:00-6:50 a.m.  

3.     Fusion Flow

Try a class that is brand new to campus. This class incorporates a Yoga/Pilates approach to improve balance and flexibility. No need to have any prior experience! Classes are Mondays 4:00-4:50 p.m.

4.     HIIT It

Try this intense cardio workout that stands for High Intensity Interval Training. Be prepared to drip sweat and work your bum off! Classes are Tuesdays 6:00-6:30 p.m.

*To see all classes and class schedules go to: http://umaine.edu/campusrecreation/files/2010/05/groupex-fall2014-handout2.pdf

Hi my name is Sydney DuEst and I am a second year Journalism and International Affairs major!
Kate Berry is a fourth-year journalism major at the University of Maine in Orono. She loves reading about the latest trends and events.