6 Realistic Workouts for the Lazy College Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Working out can be really difficult, especially if you’re as lazy as I am. It’s so easy to get stuck in a pattern of not working out and it can be really daunting trying to start. For me, whenever I’ve gone a long period of time without working out, the idea of starting is so terrifying. Whether you’re lazy like me, short on time, don’t know where to start, or you clicked on this because you already workout regularly and need some new tips (can I be you?!?), I got you.  Here are six workouts that you can start right now, some without even leaving your room.

10 Exercises You Can Do From Your Bed

Cosmopolitan wrote an article called 10 Exercises You Can Do Without Getting Out of Bed. This is perfect for those days when you just can’t be bothered but still want killer abs. It’s also relatively quick (and would be perfect to do in the mornings before you get up for class or when you’re just binging Netflix). Another plus of this workout is that you don’t need any equipment!

The “7-Minute Scientific Workout”

The New York Times put out an article called The Scientific 7-Minute Workout. The workout is based on the idea of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). In HIIT workouts, you push your body to its limits for shorter amounts of time than in longer workouts, and the results are equally as satisfying. All this workout requires is a chair and seven minutes, what do you have to lose?  

Videos

I am a huge fan of using YouTube for workouts. My favorite channel is Blogilates. Blogilates is a brand, blog, and YouTube channel run by pilates guru, Cassey Ho. Each month, Cassey releases a *free* workout calendar in which she gives you an hour worth of videos to watch. Each day, the videos target a different part of the body to create a full and inclusive workout. These will kick your butt but oh my god, the results are incredible. If you’re just starting out, Cassey also has a beginner guide to get you started.

A friend of mine also really likes the YouTube channel, Yoga With Adriene. Adriene does yoga workouts that are easy follow and really relaxing. Not only are you getting a workout in, but you also get a nice relaxing yoga session. Who can argue with that?

Apps

Workout apps can also be really great. Apps like Nike+ Training Club, Nike+ Run Club, and Couch to 5K all provide you with plans (from beginner to advanced) with pre-set workouts and plans to help you get in shape. I’ve used the Nike+ Training Club and Couch to 5K apps and I love them! A friend of mine also swears by the Nike+ Run Club app. She stopped running for a while and is now using the app to help her train for a 5K.

Bodywise Classes

Another option is going to classes. I’ve been taking the pilates and yoga Bodywise classes lately and love them. It’s also extra fun if you can bring some friends along.

If you want to pay

Another option is to pay for a program such as Kayla Itsines’ Bikini Body Guide. I’ve been dying to try this because Kayla’s Instagram is chock-full of incredible transformations and so much #fitspo. The only reason I haven’t broken down and gotten this program yet is because I just haven’t found a need to quite yet.

I hope some of these helped. Stay fit, collegettes! 

Cover Image Source