timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Get Summertime Ready

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

In honor of the sun shining on this beautiful morning, I asked my friend and trainer Kerry Taylor, of 212 Performance, to put together a little summertime readying workout! Read through the tips, then come find me in the gym and let’s do this workout. 

Kerry has extensive experience in personal athletics, training, and coaching. He was captain of most of his high school and collegiate football, basketball, and track teams including the National Football Championship winners from UMASS Amherst in 1999. After his collegiate career, he continued on to play football in the NFL with both the New England Patriots and Detroit Lions. Kerry continued his professional experience in both the XFL and AFL before retiring into his passion for training and coaching. Kerry is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, an AOS certified instructor, Hard Style Kettlebell Certified Coach and the Speed and Conditioning Director in the state of RI. He has trained athletes of all sports and is currently a high school football coach on top of being the founder of 212 Health & Performance. Kerry was the head trainer for a large gym chain for 5 years before deciding to pursue his dreams and train using techniques that are not only proven effective, but that he believes in.

Spring is FINALLY upon us and in no time summer will be here.  That means a excessive amount of time in the sun and hopefully time at the beach.   Our focuses now start to become laser like as all the hard work we started to put in at the gym is going to be shown to the world.  As the big reveal gets closer I figured I would give you 3 summertime ready body tips.

Summertime Ready Tip #1

You hear it all the time “You are what you eat”,  and what you eat is eventually what you will look like!  If you want to get your body summertime ready you must make sure you consume natural highly nutritious foods.  All the fruits, veggies and clean proteins you can eat.  Get rid of the fast food and late night snacking.

Summertime Ready Tip #2

Consistency is the key to creating a habit and creating change.  Nothing great was built over night.  Make sure your working out 3-4 times a week and stay active.  Get outside, enjoy the weather and keep moving.  If you skip a workout and are inconsistent with your eating, the fat and the weight that you have wanted to get rid of will stay right by your side.

Summertime Ready Tip #3

Do not go through the motions.  Anyone can workout but are you giving it your best effort?  Working hard the right way is one of the few things in life that will reap the rewards you are looking for! Don’t be afraid to sweat!

Here is a quick body weight flow drill you can try out to get you started on the right track!!  Get outside and repeat this drill 3 – 4 times.  Have fun!!

Samantha Rhodes is a junior at Trinity College studying art history. An avid art lover, she loves to make trips to museums, long walks on the beach, and people who talk with their hands. Baking takes up most of her free time, and doesn't hurt her social circle either.