6 Things I Need To Do Before I Graduate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

With graduation coming up and my university experience coming to an end, I am trying to make the most of my last weeks as a student. 

I created a bucket list to ensure I have the most fun and fulfilling weeks before graduation. This is a list filled with everything I want to accomplish before I walk across the stage and get my degree. As I check things off one by one, I know it means my life as a student is almost complete. But, whether it be visiting the pubs on campus or romanticizing my life in the Quad, here are the six things I will do before graduation from Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU).

Get breakfast at Oakham Cafe after my morning class

Comfort foods that are also budget-friendly are my staple when looking for something to eat on campus.

Have a mini photoshoot on campus with my friends at our favourite locations

What better way to make some memories than by taking pictures at our favourite study spots and coffee shops?

Sit on the grass in the Quad and read a book

Romanticizing my life is something I need to do more, and doing it while reading a good book sounds fun to me!

Attend a yoga class on campus

I think I owe it to my friend to (finally!) attend a fitness class with her since she has been asking me about it since we started university.

Watch a sporting event with friends

I haven’t been to a game since my first year, so I will definitely round up my friends and cheer on the Bold at an event before I graduate.

Participate in a Trivia Tuesday night at the on-campus pub

Although I reluctantly admit that I have never been to the campus pub, The Met, I am excited to go there soon and order a few drinks with some friends. 

The last four years at TMU have given me great friends, helped me learn who I am and helped guide my future to where I see myself after graduation. But before I get too sappy about this chapter in my life ending, I will make sure to check everything off my bucket list, and I will do it with my friends, of course!

Rachel Aversa

Toronto MU '23

Rachel is a 4th-year journalism student at Toronto Metropolitan University. When she isn't studying, she enjoys baking cookies, reading romantic (and cheesy) novels, and listening to Harry Styles.