This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Spring and summer are just around the corner, and the biggest thing for me is getting that summer body while improving my health. I’ve been consuming green juice like no tomorrow for over a month now, and the results have honestly surprised me. After two years of constantly sitting down in front of my computer doing school work, I’ve never made time to eat as healthy as I wanted to, let alone exercise or even take a sufficient amount of vitamins. But ever since my family got a juicer, my life has changed! 

First, I’m not going to lie, I always thought that green juice was a hoax, but it’s very effective, and I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to give it a try. Before I started drinking green juice, my skin was a) horrible! I endured frequent breakouts, b) I never had enough energy even if I had a complete eight-hours of sleep, and c) I would always end up stress eating or eating late at night. Now, I feel a thousand times better. My eating habits are more controlled, my skin has never looked and felt better, and with exercise, I was able to lose a few inches off my waist without working out too much.

MY TOP 3 FRUITS AND VEGETABLES! 

1. CELERY

Celery is a magical vegetable! It has anti-inflammatory properties, which I find are best for bloated days. Also, since celery consists mostly of water, it keeps you and your skin well hydrated. For me, celery helped suppress my late-night cravings more effectively than intermittent fasting

2. Carrots

We all know that carrots are good for your eyes, but there are plenty more benefits than just promoting healthy vision! For one, carrots are also a natural immune booster, improving heart health and blood sugar control. I usually have low blood sugar, which often results in me becoming fatigued and getting headaches. However, I feel more energized and motivated after adding carrots to my green juice – meaning, I’m able to finish tasks more efficiently without having to take a short nap or rest for too long.

3. Cucumbers

Cucumbers are jam-packed with water content and have the best properties for hydrating yourself and your skin. Cucumber will forever be one of my top choices because it helped me clear my eczema. In addition, for anyone who has acid reflux like me, cucumber alleviates problems such as heartburn, indigestion and ulcers. Finally, adding cucumber, like celery, helped me control my eating habits.

At the end of the day, if you hate taking vitamins, green juice is one of the tastiest ways to enjoy a cold beverage while ensuring adequate vitamin intake. You consume less refined/processed sugar, and because you can customize the juice to your liking, you’ll always be on top of your fruit and vegetable servings. Also, remember to save your pulp – they make the best compost for your plants!

Kathryn Sevilla

Toronto MU '23

I am a 4th year English major at Ryerson University. As my aspirations grow, I am writing to connect with readers in everyday situations, problems, and feelings. Here to make all audiences feel relevant and heard one article at a time. Content may include and is not limited to social injustices, your daily news, mental health and wellness, and style and beauty.