This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Some days I find it harder than others to take a moment and breath. Every day can feel the same as I have no time to relax because I have upcoming deadlines and responsibilities. 

To hopefully relieve you of some stress or anxiety, here are some things I like to occasionally do to spice up my routine with some magic influence. 

Stir With Intention

When you’re making that morning cup of coffee, tea, or whatever you decide to choose, stir your drink with your intention for the day. By intention, I mean think to yourself what vibe or mood you want to have for the day, what’s the theme, what’s your goals? While stirring your drink, you can release any negative energy or thoughts by going counterclockwise and inviting in positive energy stir clockwise. 

Say Your Affirmations

Affirmations are positive statements that are a great way to release any negative thoughts and feelings. They can set a positive tone for the day and can be anything you desire. The key is to speak out loud and in the present tense as if you already have it. For example, if you want to attract money, you would say “I am wealthy” not “I will be wealthy.” You don’t want any doubt in your affirmations. The point is to release negativity. You will get that money!

Spend Time With Nature

It’s good practice, in general, to take time to go outside and have a break from everything else going on. If you have plants, taking the time to care for them and relax with them is also great. Also, spending time with your pets or any animals allows you to connect with nature and take a breather. 

Meditate

I just recently got into meditation, and I wonder why I haven’t done it sooner. It’s a great few minutes or a small part out of your day to feel amazing afterward. It’s time to yourself where you can unwind and relax without worry or stress. If you have them, I also recommend meditating with crystals.

Manifest

Manifestation allows you to set your goals and desires in place. Just like your affirmations, you want to use the present tense. There’s many methods and forms of manifestation. A popular one, and my favorite is scripting or journaling. You take your journal and write down what it is you desire. The more detailed, the better, and while you’re writing, visualize yourself already having what you want. How do you feel? Focus on that feeling and keep positive thoughts throughout your manifesting. A final tip, I love listening to music related to what I’m manifesting or to hype me up and get me in a positive mood!

Alexis is a senior journalism major and business minor at the University of Texas At Austin. She currently serves as a writer and an associate editor for Her Campus Texas and enjoys creating content about lifestyle, pop culture, and food. Instagram: @ave_lexi
Hi, I'm Madeline Muschalik! This is my fourth year in Her Campus; I wrote for Her Campus at Wake Forest University before transferring to UT in fall 2019. Last year I was the Her Campus Texas Co-President and Campus Correspondent & it was so rewarding. I am excited to explore Austin and learn more about our university through Texas Her Campus. Some of my hobbies include running, reading, yoga, and traveling! I am a Public Relations Major and with a minor in Entrepreneurship and certificate in Creative Writing. Outside of Her Campus I am involved in Texas American Marketing Association, Moody Communication Council, a member of the Kendra Scott WEL Institute Student Council, Texas Kappa Delta, and I am a Transfer Year Interest Group (TRIG) mentor. I love UT & all the amazing opportunities (like Her Campus) that it has to offer!