This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

In an ideal world, we’ll all be spending spring break 2018 carefree and tan on a beach in Cabo. Realistically, the closest that us broke college students will get is a lukewarm bathtub with, if we’re lucky, an expired Lush bath bomb.

But, hey, beggers can’t be choosers.

Regardless of where we’ll be wearing that bikini, we all still wants to look our best for the upcoming break. Obviously skipping the gym isn’t worth the miniscule chance that we just happen to run into our high school crush. And by happen, I mean deliberately and intentionally stalk his location on the Snapchat map. NBD.

To make sure you look your best for the fans back at home, you’re gonna have to put some work in. Lets face it, after mornings spent with caramel lattes and nights with only Philly Style Pizza to fill the empty void in your heart, you may have gotten slightly out of shape. But not to fear — this is nothing that some cardio can’t cure.

For most of us, it’s easy to break a slight sweat and call it a day. However, you’re only cheating yourself with your 20 minute elliptical session — sorry to break it to you. If staying motivated on your own is hard/impossible/never going to happen, consider looking into workout classes offered at Temple’s IBC.

Located on 15th Street and Cecil B. Moore Ave., the IBC is the perfect place to get your gym grind on while surrounded by others suffering through the exact same pain. The IBC offers a variety of classes that will leave you (very) sore and are offered every day of the week all throughout the day.

1. Cycling/ HIIT Cycling

Monday/Wednesday: 7:00 a.m.- 7:50 a.m., 12:00 p.m.- 12:50 p.m., 5:30 p.m.- 6:20 p.m., 6:40 p.m.- 7:30 p.m.

Tuesday: 7:00 a.m.- 7:50 a.m., 12:30 p.m.- 1:20 p.m., 5:30 p.m.- 6:20 p.m., 6:40 p.m.- 7:30 p.m.

Thursday: 7:00 a.m.- 7:50 a.m., 12:30 p.m.- 1:20 p.m., 5:30 p.m.- 6:20 p.m.

Friday: 7:00 a.m.- 7:50 a.m., 5:00 p.m.- 5:50 p.m. 

Saturday: 12:00 p.m.- 12:50 p.m.

Sunday: 5:30 p.m.- 6:20 p.m.

Want to feel like you don’t have legs for the next few days? Partake in a 50 minute cycling session and that will be well achieved. Although it’s borderline excruciating, both the atmosphere and pump-up workout music are beyond motivational. Cycling and HIIT Cycling classes are offered multiple times throughout the week, so there’s no excuse not to give it a try. Plus, our President, Sarah, teaches on Thursday and Friday evenings, so now you like, have to go.

2. Full Body Toning

Monday: 5:00 p.m.- 5:50 p.m.

Wednesday: 12:30 p.m.- 1:20 p.m.

Thursday: 7:00 p.m.- 7:50 p.m.

Friday: 1:00 p.m.- 1:50 p.m.

For the upcoming spring/summer months, we’re all hoping for a flatter stomach, bigger butt, sculpted legs, etc. Like its name says, full body toning class literally targets every area of your body. The fast pace class is a variety of circuits of various exercises, most of which involve weights.

3. Core and More

Wednesday: 1:30 p.m.- 2:00 p.m.

Although it’s only offered once a week, the Core and More Class is one that you certainly don’t want to miss. This ab-targeted class encompasses an assortment of different core-related exercises that will leave you with a tight tummy and a fair amount of pain. But, like, the good kind of pain.

4. Yoga

Monday: 7:00 a.m.- 7:50 a.m., 12:00 p.m.- 12:50 p.m., 9:00 p.m.- 10 p.m.

Tuesday: 9:00 p.m.- 10:00 p.m.

Wednesday: 7:00 a.m.- 7:50 a.m., 11:30 a.m.- 12:20 p.m., 9:20 p.m.- 10:10 p.m.

Thursday: 12:00 p.m.- 12:50 p.m., 9:00 p.m.- 10:00 p.m.

Friday: 7:00 a.m.- 7:50 a.m., 12:00 p.m.- 12:50 p.m.

Saturday: 11:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.

Sunday: 7:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.

With classes, work, clubs, and *attempting* to have a social life, college can be pretty taxing. Instead of resorting to your typical unhealthy coping mechanisms to deal with the stress, try opting for a healthier and more productive choice, like yoga. The classes are offered basically at all times — so whether prefer to start off your day with downward dog or would rather do your sun salutations before bed, you can surely make it to at least one class. For a more intense session, power yoga classes are also offered throughout the week at different times.

If the options give aren’t your thing, check out the IBC’s other offerings including Zumba, Cardio Barre, Kickboxing, Pilates, and more.

There you have it, folks, the best way to achieve your ~spring bod.~ Yeah, you probably won’t be barefoot on the beach. And unless you’re very Snapchat savvy, you probably won’t even run into your high school fling. But you’ll look good and feel good about yourself, and that’s the most important part. So, no excuses –– get your ass to the gym.

When Rachel isn't obsessively drinking iced coffee by the gallon or binge watching true crime videos on YouTube, you can probably find her writing about her failed love life. She is currently a  junior (*she's ancient*) journalism major at Temple University, and is a Her Campus Temple Campus Correspondent, a Temple Student Government Social Media Manager and a 2020 Owl Team Student Coordinator. 
Temple University, 2019. Magazine journalist and editor, fitness instructor, health and wellness enthusiast. Proponent of lists, Jesus, and the Oxford comma. Will do anything for an iced oatmilk latte. Follow my journey: Twitter + Instagram: @sarah_madaus