This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Since walking across campus to go anywhere is nearly impossible in this weather, working up the energy to go to the gym is basically out of the question. Thankfully, we have you covered for the best workouts you can do, all from the comfort of your own dorm.

Yoga

Nothing wakes you up like a good morning stretch. Yoga is the perfect way to prepare for a long day and keep your muscles, as well as your mind, in good form. Not to mention you can totally do yoga in your pajamas.

Abs

Seeing a cute guy at the gym can be a perk, but not when you’re struggling for that last bicycle crunch when he walks by. Do this regimen in a small private space and avoid that possible embarrassment.

• 10 sit-ups
  • 8 leg raises
  • 10 bicycle crunches
  • 20 Russian twists
  • 30 second elbow plank
  • 30 second full plank
  • 10 push-ups

For lower intensity repeat this set 4 times and continue to increase reps and sets as you build endurance. Don’t forget to rest between sets!

Cardio

Cardio can be the toughest part of any workout, but these are fun ways to mix up the traditional treadmill approach.

• 50 jumping jacks
  • 30 second jump rope
  • 10 squats
  • 10 lunges
  • 30 seconds of high knees
  • 20 star jumps
  • 30 mountain climbers
  • 30 second jump rope
  • 25 jumping jacks

For lower intensity repeat this set 3 times and continue to increase reps and sets as you build endurance. Again, don’t forget to rest between sets!

It is also important to remember to drink lots of water everyday. Please stretch before and after working out to avoid injury.